MS 200 fun road and track car - and other car stuff!

After an insurance nightmare on Tues/Weds/Thurs I finally picked the beast up yesterday afternoon.
The insurance problem kinda took the shine off the anticipation but ever since the car was ours I’ve been like a kid at Christmas! I’m so excited about it! :smile::grimacing::grin:

I went and took some pics yesterday...

F2DF2FF0-54F6-4267-861F-24BCC6B815E6.jpeg

A3F0A6C6-1AD2-4208-926B-E8F93C9D9137.jpeg

828137E8-43A2-4C8C-9128-5FE460F44DCF.jpeg

6E714118-8E36-4FB6-8E89-E50EC662952C.jpeg

AC1BE0C1-DB95-4E03-B253-DCC4CBB42472.jpeg

8F461180-C05B-4D19-A4C5-28FE797AD880.jpeg

will echo Sean..please dont do this to us ..1st thing in the morning and i see this..no lady around to help either :sweatsmile:

gorgeous colour..

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Gave the Clio a wash on Monday, couldn’t have it feeling left out with all the attention on the new arrival.

322812BF-EE5B-4D60-89EA-914C09E734D5.jpeg

I’ll be making a more thorough vid with first impressions on the M4, but very briefly it’s surprised me a bit with its performance. I’m used to driving what I consider to be pretty quick stuff, but still it’s more than I expected!

I’m not sure whether it’s the accessibility of the performance, a couple of clicks of the left paddle, squeeze the throttle and whether you’re at 4K or 6k you’re fired down the road like you’ve come out of a slingshot!

I didn’t believe the quoted power figures (444bhp) having driven it, even with new cars ability to seriously over-deliver in terms of performance relative to the raw numbers. So i went in search of some dyno results, the first two Comp Packs I came across made 444 and 446bhp, at the wheels!! Typical German conservatism! I guess that explains the performance! :flushed:

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
If you think the M4 is fast, you wanna have a go in the new M5, or the F10 M5 for that matter! They're like an ICBM with wheels on mate. Lol!
I'm lucky to drive them as part of my day job. :sunglasses:

I can only imagine what the new M5 is like!! [emoji15]

Sounds like a terrific day job!! [emoji119]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a top bunch you are, cheers, I’m just so excited about it!

And not one post calling me a finance-wanker!! [emoji23][emoji119]

Certainly nothing wrong with leasing a car nowadays, makes a massive amount of sense over buying a new one outright IMO. 3/4 years and handing the keys back after?

I haven’t been able to get on here for a while now, kept saying I didn’t have permission when I tried to do anything... anyhow I’m abroad at the moment and did a full reset on my phone to try and cure a carrier issue and lo and behold my access here has been restored!! :tearsofjoy:

For anyone wondering it didn’t sort my carrier problem! :sob:

Anyhow, somewhat anticlimactically, I think I’ve decided to sell the Clio.
This M4 has buggered me up a bit really, every time I drive it I’m caught between ‘wow, what a machine’, and a tinge of sadness that a lot of other cars just seem obsolete now. I hadn’t expected that to be case with the Clio, as the M4 doesn’t deliver the connected feel that older cars tend to, but unfortunately I get in the Clio, and whilst sometimes I drive the pants off it and have a great time, more often than that I’m left pining for the tech-fest and remarkable capability that the BM has.
Perhaps it more a case of me just getting older in what I enjoy, I’ve always been a bit ‘pipe and slippers’, but am finding I’m leaning more heavily towards ease of use and functionality.

In all honesty it’s making me question ownership of the MX2000 too, but that’s safe for now.

One thing that I must admit to being naive about is running a number of cars and keeping on top of maintenance, insurance etc.. It might just be the way things have fallen, but I feel like I’ve been chasing a never-ending to do list and adding to that with my desire to keep modding.

My other half has also taken a huge shine to the M4! Which is awesome, and I love her enjoyment of the car. But, with her 100 mile commute for a Monday-Thursday away from home, and my flight of stairs commute down to the office, it feels rather unreasonable of me to keep the M4 at home all week! So I’d like to add a second almost new car with all the toys,so whichever car we have, we’re both in something super-nice and performance oriented.

I hope none of this comes across as negative, I see myself as incredibly fortunate to have these opportunities and just like to share my experiences and thought processes with the cars!

TL: DR, I’m selling the Clio.

So if any of you would care to offer some thoughts about how to price the terrier, I’m all ears.

I usually like to price cars to sell, and like the buyer to get a good deal. Though I’d like to balance that a little with knowledge that this has been a rather costly (albeit enjoyable) car for to own given the money I’ve put into it.

Spec to help with valuation:

‘59 plate 80k
FF + cup
Average condition, which doesn’t mean it’s a shed, just not pristine like some of the examples on here.

Corbeau road and track seats
Retrimmed steering wheel
Giacomo alloy steering wheel spacer
Thought out audio with Bluetooth, amps and speakers, and steering wheel controls

Koni adjustable shocks
Eibach springs
Compbrake top mounts
Well set up alignment with fronts adjusted and rears shimmed
Stub axle spacers

Mr Pink brake pins
Brembo HC discs
RBF660 fluid
Standard Pagid pads

Wheels powdercoated Black
AD08Rs

Toyosport manifold
Engine and gearbox mount inserts

Thanks! :thumb:

Gutted but I get where your coming from... nice to have “toys” but how many cars does a man need and to get fulfillment from.

Sadly the market isn’t great... I’d take a stab at 4-6k ish. You may get more if you broke it but that’s my 2cent

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
I had a bunch of small parts to buy that I’ll need later in the year, didn’t do that.

Bought a diff for the Clio instead! [emoji23]

Having fitted two Quaifes to CRXs in years gone by and subsequently using similar OEM torque biasing gear diffs in Honda’s and MX5s, as well as another from Ashcroft transmissions, I’m of the mind that the Quaife is overpriced for what it is.

So I’ll be trying the Russian-made Val Racing ATB instead, coming in at less than half the price of the Quaife. Judging from the range of cars and uses covered in their catalogue and YouTube vids with equipped cars, I’m hopeful it will prove to be a bargain item very much comparable to the Quaife.

View attachment 121360

View attachment 121361

Of course I’ll be sure to test well and make a video with my observations and track testing.

In the meantime here’s some gold from Val Racing:

Prompting some daftness...

How is the diff holding up?

A couple of months down the line and the 200 is still here!

We sold the Z4 very quickly so needed something to drive until timing was right and funds in place for something new(ish).

As you would expect it’s been a hoot threading the Clio down the local A and B roads each day in the meantime! I must do an ‘end of term’ review video before it departs!

Well, the time has come, so I’ll be putting a for sale thread up shortly, likely priced to sell now. I’ll be sure to pop a link in here once it’s up, but if anyone’s looking for a well sorted road and track Clio, there’s a good one here! :grinning:

Reactions: Pav