Mud flaps!

That would be my thinking too.

No way i'd be screwing my bodywork.

Quite literally.......

Cheers.

My thoughts exactly just make sure you get a strong bouble sided tape so they don't come unstuck. If at some point you don't like them just heat up with a hairdryer and the glue softens enough to remove. Simples.

Paul

Reactions: sevenfourate
Assuming you've ordered some bud? :smile:

I'll keep a close eye on your progress thread.

You gone for black ones or body coloured ones?

Yea - i've risked £4.79 on a set......... :smile:

Getting them colour-co-ordinated is something you do yourself Dale i reckon....

These all come in faux carbon-fibre look black.

***Sure the'll look lovely on the wifes car when i rip them off mine !

These:

2jdkvib.jpg

Absolutely love them. However, for me I'd need the car to match. Full aero, naughty exhaust, slammed, proper splitter, lairy tarmac terror type thing. And I think only on a black or white car. Maybe red.

These:

2jdkvib.jpg

Absolutely love them. However, for me I'd need the car to match. Full aero, naughty exhaust, slammed, proper splitter, lairy tarmac terror type thing. And I think only on a black or white car. Maybe red.
They look ok, I like your tarmac terror concept

Reactions: ///M
there are genuine Renault part numbers for 197 mud flaps
upload_2017-3-4_1-19-37.png
7711230494%20(2)-500x500.jpg7711230494%20(5)-500x500.jpg7711230494%20(4)-500x500.jpg7711230494%20(3)-500x500.jpgNow my7711230494%20(1)-500x500.jpg
Now my best guess judging by the photo of them on top of the A4 sheet which is 8" wide the flaps are about 6" more or less along the bottom edge after the curve so should be quite close to covering the 7.5" wide wheel this car has 215 17" wheels fitted but I don't know if they are the correct flaps from above. I've found a single genuine front new mud flap so I've bought it and I will see once and for all if the genuine flaps will fit will keep this updated. Even if they need trimmed for the rear curve and the front arch/side skirt I think they look better than rally style flaps but still have the ability to throw water/dirt and stones up on tailgaters that when past you slow down and you pass them again 5 minutes later never understood that but see it a lot on the mainland going back and forward to the UK race circuits.
IMAG0814.jpg

upload_2017-3-4_2-8-14.png

Now that's what they list for my Clio 197 and when I get the front one by the end of the week I will know for sure if they are right for the 197 or if they are listed wrongly against the 197 model. The 197/200 Clio's have different front wings and skirts as well as a wider rear bumper than standard Clio Mk3's and for about £35 for the rears we need to be sure they are big/wide enough to be used and don't look like a joke.

It's a no to flaps from me. I think they spoil the 197/200!

I tend to agree I'm not a big fan of mudflaps but when I looked at higher mileage 200's they were badly stone chipped just in front of the rear arches coursed by stones being flicked up by the front wheels.
One possible prevention is these slim arch guards fitted just to the fronts and colour coded would I think look OM. Worth a shot if it costs less than £10 and can easily be removed if no likey.

It's part of the fun of modding a car as some ideas work orthers don't.

Paul

Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy
I tend to agree I'm not a big fan of mudflaps but when I looked at higher mileage 200's they were badly stone chipped just in front of the rear arches coursed by stones being flicked up by the front wheels.
One possible prevention is these slim arch guards fitted just to the fronts and colour coded would I think look OM. Worth a shot if it costs less than £10 and can easily be removed if no likey.

It's part of the fun of modding a car as some ideas work orthers don't.

Paul
I would rather put the clear paint protection film on the rear arch. Just my opinion Paul. :wink:

Reactions: paul jennings
I would rather put the clear paint protection film on the rear arch. Just my opinion Paul. :wink:

That's a great idea, I never thought of that! Looking to get the the rear windows slightly tinted soon so I will get a quote for this clear proction film as well.

Paul

Not a fan. They look awful.

I've ran 25mm spacers all round for four years and bar the odd chip, I don't have an issue.

Just buy some clear 3M film for the rear quarters. A much better option than grandad flaps.

Reactions: Cossers and LOCKE
Yea I do agree but I'm not looking for typical mud flaps just a purposeful short bit that looks like part of the car to control the crap thrown up but it depends where you are at, in the city or traveling good main roads mud flaps not important. But where I'm at the roads don't have a centre line, farming going on you put one wheel on the verge to pass oncoming cars and lumps of mud are up the side of the car in no time. Also I don't like getting hit with stones and spray from the car in front so I don't want to do it to the cars behind that's about it. If the genuine ones look crap or don't fit I'll go without as for the film that does look crap as even std. setup stones are hitting the panel in front of the back wheel as high and just above the door insert height so if it does not cover that then there's no point we use it on the front leading edges of the road racing motorbikes because the first night of practice at the NW200 your £3000 carbon fibre painted bodywork and fork legs looks like they have went through a gravel trap without it

Reactions: paul jennings

Similar Thread Suggestions