My car is beeping at me!

Hi all,

Just before setting of for work today. I hear this strange beeping / vibrating noise.

So after further investigation, this is what i found:

th_VIDEO0005.jpg

Looks it it is coming from the "oil vapour rebreathing unit". (looked at "our intake" post) number 14.

Seems like its only happening when the engine is cold.

Any ideas on what it could be and what causing it?

its probably broken - the reason for the noise - never heard mine make anything

are you sure its that and not the throttle body?

ah just realised it was a video......;/

yeh thats not right but not sure if its the video or what but your engine sounds to be a bit noisey/rough sounding :001_rolleyes:

I only just realised this, I was thinking, looks sound to me! Lol! No, that sounds very strange!

The Renault dealer has ordered the part in (Valve)

Hopefully will be here soon...

As for the engine sounding rough, Id like to compare it with another 197 and maybe have it checked out. I live in dartford. Any ideas on a good Renualt Specalist around here?

The Renault dealer has ordered the part in (Valve)

Hopefully will be here soon...

As for the engine sounding rough, Id like to compare it with another 197 and maybe have it checked out. I live in dartford. Any ideas on a good Renualt Specalist around here?

Was this problem solved? Mine also makes the beeping noise. When cold maybe like once every 1.5 sec or something. I couldn't find your movie though to compare the sounds..
I put one finger on each of the two round parts there and I feel the nois in the one towards the front of the car. Should be the same problem? I also believe oil consumption is high. Could this also be related?

Was this problem solved? Mine also makes the beeping noise. When cold maybe like once every 1.5 sec or something. I couldn't find your movie though to compare the sounds..
I put one finger on each of the two round parts there and I feel the nois in the one towards the front of the car. Should be the same problem? I also believe oil consumption is high. Could this also be related?

If its the black circular thing next to the throttle body they are a common thing to fail making all kinds of noises. Very easy to replace - literally pull the old one off and fit the new one - they have a diaphragm inside that fails. I bought one from RPD I think for just under £40.

Thanks for your answer, it sound very doable :smile:
Yes, the black, round one.. number 14 below.
GetFileAttachment

You wouldn't happen to have some OEM number for it or something? I couldn't find it at RPD, might be faster to go out shopping for a number. Is the car taking any damage because of this or is it just annoying?

I checked the article number on the part itself (8200 291 355) and ordered it from the local renault shop, will take 3 days to get it. I just figured the shipping to sweden would make price from RPD equal to this. I'll switch them, examine the old one and keep as a spare if it's only a matter of cleaning..

I changed the oil vapour rebreathing unit (valve) and the beeping seem to have stopped, like you said :smile:

And this is what I found inside the housing, not sure what was the problem though..
The parts wheren't that gunked up imo, just a thin layer of oil on surfaces where that's expected, no leakage through the red membrane.
Could be the small black part in the middle, that the rubber was coming off, making it not seal off properly.
Could also be that I damaged it during cleaning.
That was the only thing I could come up with from what I saw on these parts...
20171003_131941.jpg IMG_20171003_132026.jpg IMG_20171003_132328.jpg

Reactions: Doogle