My Ultra Red Clio 197

This is my 197 in red.

Purchased this clio around 4 months ago, bought it as it was in ultra red and because it has pretty much every optional extra barr the RS bucket seats. I had a 182 trophy with recaro's previously, so the normal renault sport seats were a fresh change and something i was after, as oppose to the buckets.

I decided to do a few subtle modifications. Mainly the H&R springs and 25mm spacers all round, de-badged rear, wind deflectors, pearlecent indicator bulbs front and rear, bee-sting areal and alot of maguires to keep her nice and shiny :smile:

Future mods, i am keen on getting a subtle spoiler, some club stickers! and maybe an after market zorst system, possibly k-tec's own one brand :smile:

Any comments welcome :smile:

IMG_9910-1.jpg

IMG_9711-2.jpg

5173_195868650371_818340371_7468280.jpg

IMG_9920-1.jpg

IMG_9884-2.jpg

IMG_9923-1.jpg

Last edited:
Car looks wicked! Awesome stance :thumbup1:

I have the K-tec exhaust and can't recommend it enough, better performance and excellent sound! :thumbup:

i like the spacers, i'm presuming that it is not a cup version?

i have an R27, if i was to go for spacers would this mess up the handling?

i'm assuming that mine already has a similar modification with regards to suspension, as it has the cup suspension.

Car looks great, sits just nice

i like the spacers, i'm presuming that it is not a cup version?

i have an R27, if i was to go for spacers would this mess up the handling?

i'm assuming that mine already has a similar modification with regards to suspension, as it has the cup suspension.

I have the spacers, it feels a little different at 1st, but after 10 mins or so you get used to it, certainly dont mess up the handling

Mine is not the cup version, just the standard one.

I to be honest, didn't notice a difference with the spacers on (handling wise that is) obviously the look of the car totally changed, which was what i was after. The wheels now filll the arches nicely and something Renault in my opinion should have done out of the factory with the 197's! Gives it a meaner and more aggressive look.

It was the H&R's that did it for me tho, totally stiffened up the ride and the whole car felt much more agile and held the road far better. I am not sure what the Cup comes out of the factory with? I know my mate has a 197 F1 and they are 8-9mm lover (there abouts) and are also stiffer than the standard 197's.

I imagine the Cup's have something along the same lines, although i really aint sure.

I would reccomend the H&R combo of springs and spacers though, money well spent in my opinion :smile:

Lookin good! 8) Was thinking of the same h&r combo on my ultra red. How is it over the bumbs now? Its just the roads down here on the Island are rubbish!

Also thinkin k-tec exhaust, Any performance increase would be great, im sure it would sound awsome and I like the standard looks (slashed tailpipes)

Lookin good! 8) Was thinking of the same h&r combo on my ultra red. How is it over the bumbs now? Its just the roads down here on the Island are rubbish!

Also thinkin k-tec exhaust, Any performance increase would be great, im sure it would sound awsome and I like the standard looks (slashed tailpipes)

Hey! Yeah over bumps it is all ok. a little stiffer than it was, you feel them more but all is good! Handles and lookes so, so, so much better.

I am also debating a k-tec exhaust for christmas :smile: i have heard the sound of it for real, and it is Luuuuuurvely!

Had my K-tec spoiler sprayed and finally fitted today also!

Love it! Will have to post some pics when i get the chance.

Exhaust next on the list me thinks :w00t: