Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Top stuff mate. Well done for getting it done yourself as Shuv says.

How bloody good do those new brakes look? Sexual. Oh and you should be fine with the decat as you still have the one in your manifold.

As for the brake calipers, on a red car, I think OEM Brembo gold with red logo always looks amazing.

0f72d7da4ba4606ebc9553c303fa420d--car-rims-auto-rims.jpg

Top stuff mate. Well done for getting it done yourself as Shuv says.

How bloody good do those new brakes look? Sexual. Oh and you should be fine with the decat as you still have the one in your manifold.

As for the brake calipers, on a red car, I think OEM Brembo gold with red logo always looks amazing.

View attachment 112717

Thank you! I didn't know how much I'd like them at first, I was always going to go with drilled and grooved discs, but I'm well happy with these! Might have to change the back ones too soon..looking a bit shoddy compared to the front.

Wow. Now gold is something I didn't even think of. I've just had a proper look at red ones, don't think they suit the UR. Needs a bit of contrast! Yellow/Gold is the way forward it seems.

Just as you said, it's fine. Passed with flying colours on the emissions test.

ab76e304609283ac108c27f30ef1ec0d.jpg

Any remedy for the smell though? It's not too healthy behind the car after a blast!!

Springs and spacers next along with the rear calliper, then it should fly through the MOT. Manifold isn't blowing, so shouldn't fail even though there's not much left of the flexis..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
Emissions, RESULT! Nice one.

Smell, you've removed a cat. Not much you can do!

Calipers... GO GOLD!!! It's an OEM Brembo colour and looks so good against red. I agree going red doesn't work on a UR car.

Reactions: Benno
Lots of updates lately..glad the girl is getting some tlc...decided on the calipers yet?

Not by a long way. Thought I had settled on a colour but gold has thrown a massive spanner in the works! Need to see some in the flesh I think. Really like yellow though...MOT booked for the 13th of Sep so I've got a few weeks to get the rest of the work done on the car and decide on a colour.

Then it'll be a case of finding someone local to do it, I'm alright with a rattlecan but I want to start tidying the car up so looking for a decent job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great news on emissions :smile: Another 12 months 'sorted'.

And i'm with Mes if i'm honest. Deffo contrasting for the calipers....

And that tone of Gold is classy, timeless and will never date or look tacky. Yellow would be a good choice too though.

Good luck whatever you choose !!

Reactions: ///M, Pav and Benno
Small update today..

Been in touch with a local firm called UK Detailing, going over tomorrow to discuss calipers being painted! Still undecided on colour, but we're having a look at that and deciding. Also to see if they can revive my paintwork a tad before repairs get started, the more I look at it, the more I dislike it.

Had a near miss in her today, driving out of Weston-super-Mare on a dual carriageway, some OAP idiot decides even though I am next to him in the outside lane, he'll just pull across anyway, which had me along the kerb on the horn for a good 5 seconds before actually returning to the inside lane...

Had me thinking the worst, so I pulled into a car park as soon as I could and LUCKILY I've not touched the alloys. Otherwise I would have been out to kill!!! However, that tyre that I had fitted yesterday, big chunk out of the sidewall. By the looks of it, won't go through the MOT like it. :censored:

I really wish the government would force everyone to take retests at increments, today really could have been a hell of a lot worse and it was due to simple incompetence by an older driver who, once alerted to the situation, failed to react quickly and potentially could have caused a serious accident. But oh no, boy racers are by far the worst people on the road and should be punished with stupidly high insurance premiums! Rant over.

On a slightly calmer note, these came today. Much to the disgust of some people on here. :excited:

2096fda4948e0133d0cabad5bc9c3204.jpg

So after long consideration with Ian from U.K. Detailing today, I've decided to completely change my mind about the caliper colour...

I've decided on a stealth gloss black, with either red, white or matte black decals. Or do I go completely whacky and chuck in red and white like these I've seen online?

0866cb72fd016053e454c58d615cb572.jpg

So after long consideration with Ian from U.K. Detailing today, I've decided to completely change my mind about the caliper colour...

I've decided on a stealth gloss black, with either red, white or matte black decals. Or do I go completely whacky and chuck in red and white like these I've seen online?

0866cb72fd016053e454c58d615cb572.jpg

download (6).jpg

View attachment 112851

Wouldn't personally go black/black. Like the idea of black with colour decal though

Reactions: kevlar and Benno
Wouldn't personally go black/black. Like the idea of black with colour decal though
Sounds worse than it looks to be honest. Should have taken a photo! Thinking red though to be perfectly honest.

I wouldn't go black either. I always like when the calipers stand out.

But as always, if you like them, that's all that matters.

I'd be tempted to go for a really flashy black with gold fleck. And the red and white logo looks pretty good to me.

I wouldn't go black either. I always like when the calipers stand out.

But as always, if you like them, that's all that matters.

I'd be tempted to go for a really flashy black with gold fleck. And the red and white logo looks pretty good to me.

I had a look at the gold, but it seemed a tad full on for me when I looked at in the flesh! The yellow looked a little tacky too if I'm honest.

I'm thinking of doing something a bit funky for the wheel bolts though to contrast the red/black scheme.

I had a look at the gold, but it seemed a tad full on for me when I looked at in the flesh! The yellow looked a little tacky too if I'm honest.

I'm thinking of doing something a bit funky for the wheel bolts though to contrast the red/black scheme.

Brembo gold isn't GOLD gold. It's much more subdued.

Not sure what you've seen but if it's like full on yellow gold, yeah, too much.

You can't really go wrong tho fella, it's definitely going to look good.

With much controversy...they're on. Definitely need a private number plate, just can't bring myself to click buy on it..

ab89424a23afaf93e3abdbecaa8e6a22.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3