My UR R27

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate it.

The car does also have some sentimental value to me so I really don't want to change it, I hope to keep it as long as possible. It just can get frustrating sometimes when repair bills are adding up but as you've all pointed out it'll be worth it in the end!

Will try to update this thread with photos more often, it'll give me an excuse to get my camera out (not that I really know how to use it haha)

Thanks again everyone.

Another who's going to jump on the 'DONT DO IT' band-wagon Matt.............. Especially from the way your looks after a clean and polish. That is a stunning effort ! And from the fact you openly say "after a drive you remember why you love it" etc etc

All cars have costs. Yes; the Clio RS version of 'spending' can be slightly more than a bog-standard family-mobile, but the feelings and sensations these cars give in return is worth the extra running costs 10-fold......

Enjoy :smile:

Really glad to hear that you've decided to stick with the R27, especially after going for one of 'those' drives. They are addictive cars and as has been said already, the costs can get silly when they aren't on shiny mods etc. The cars do always seem to pull something out of the bag and convince you to keep them though!

Always say i'm going to post pictures more regularly but never get round to it.

Called to see my Grandad's new chickens on Thursday (little things keep him happy) and thought with it been a nice evening I would take a few pictures while I was there.

Just Iphone photos but I was pretty happy with a few of them - Ideally I wanted to get the car in the barn and get some photos with the hay bales and attempt a picture for April's POTM but with the lack of light in there it wasn't happening.

IMG_7502.JPG IMG_7508.JPG IMG_7511.JPG IMG_7513.JPG

Reactions: Sean197
Nice setting for some photos, I think the second one is a good choice for POTM! Liking the plate too, Sexy indeed :smile:

BOOM !

VERY nice. Whens it going on (Sooner you do it - less chance you have of being 'discovered') ?

***Until you fire it up that is.......... :smile:

I need a bit of advice, the modified tips aren't really to my liking. Would be great if people could give me options as to what they have had done...

My service and MOT is due next month. Do I wait until after then before I fit the exhaust or will it pass ?

Thanks everyone!

You could play it safe and wait to fit the exhaust until after, however I know that a lot of people have had no MOT issues with a de-cat, because of the cat in the mani - I'm assuming you have a de-cat and that's why you're asking??

You could play it safe and wait to fit the exhaust until after, however I know that a lot of people have had no MOT issues with a de-cat, because of the cat in the mani - I'm assuming you have a de-cat and that's why you're asking??

I don't have a de-cat Jimmy, I just assumed that the Akra might cause a problem. Quick google search and sounds like it'll be ok.
Might see if I can get it on sooner

I don't have a de-cat Jimmy, I just assumed that the Akra might cause a problem. Quick google search and sounds like it'll be ok.
Might see if I can get it on sooner

Ah ok, I see - I'd forgotten it was the Akra. Yeah you should be ok because of the mani cat being there. I'm sure you're itching for the new sound :smile:

Reactions: matt9566
I need a bit of advice, the modified tips aren't really to my liking. Would be great if people could give me options as to what they have had done...

My service and MOT is due next month. Do I wait until after then before I fit the exhaust or will it pass ?

Thanks everyone!

You'll be fine with just the cat in the manifold.

Reactions: matt9566
Echo what Sean says above, it will be fine with the MOT.

With ours we just cut the tips off the old OEM exhaust and welded them onto the back of the Akra. Mean your old exhaust will be for the bin but you'd only get £30/£40 for it anyway. Would probably cost you at least that to have something made up from scratch.

But that's all presuming you want to keep the OEM look. We did and we're really pleased with how it's worked out.

@Jimmy That's great, thanks! Might see if I get get it on in the next week or so - Can't wait!

@Sean197 Brilliant! I had read similar just wanted to double check. Thanks for that.

Great stuff, get some vids up when you do get it fitted, and if you're ever round Leeds it'd be good to hear it in person :wink:

Echo what Sean says above, it will be fine with the MOT.

With ours we just cut the tips off the old OEM exhaust and welded them onto the back of the Akra. Mean your old exhaust will be for the bin but you'd only get £30/£40 for it anyway. Would probably cost you at least that to have something made up from scratch.

But that's all presuming you want to keep the OEM look. We did and we're really pleased with how it's worked out.

I have read what you had done with yours and it is really something I am going to consider - especially with how pleased I know you are. I think it was a great idea and I like the fact that it looks stock.

On the other hand the tips that have come with it aren't actually that bad now I've spend a few days looking at them, I have attached photo for reference. The tips have simply been clamped on to the exhaust with bolts (they are more secure than it sounds) So easily removed and replaced. They just look massive! I have some tips on my standard exhaust which are just right - Going to measure the difference later.

I think this is the only thing stopping me for getting it fitted straight away now I know MOT will be fine as I can't decide what to do!

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7567.JPG

Great stuff, get some vids up when you do get it fitted, and if you're ever round Leeds it'd be good to hear it in person :wink:

Yeah definitely Jimmy, once it's on and sorted I'll pop through so you can have a proper listen! Hopefully get to some meets too this year if there's any round this way.

Reactions: Jimmy