Need a service, new tires and a proper once-over

I haven't been around this forum much as, with one or two exceptions, I haven't driven my 200 for the best part of 2 years now, sadly. This place has saved me a whole load of hassle in the past, so now I'm back looking for some help/advice.

My Clio 200 FF Cup is in desperate need of some love - more specifically:

1. A full (Renault) service
2. Four new (probably PS4) tyres
3. Probably new Brembo pads
4. A very minor touch-up on one alloy (anthracite)

It's a long shot, but I think I remember a few guys from Renault garages used to frequent here - is there anyone in the South East or even Herfordshire area who might be able to help me out? Failing that, can anyone here point me in the right direction?

I need a Renault service, but if there's a non-Renault place that's good for the other work then that's fine by me.

I'm just looking to talk straight with someone trustworthy to get a quote and a decent job done.

Cheers!

I've just come in to work from dropping my 200 off at TwoTechs this morning. Such nice, genuine guys. I know it will be in very good hands. It's been said before, but Terry was telling me (as he was giving me a lift to the station!) that he treats everything as if it were his own. He knows he's not the cheapest, but he has an excellent reputation, and it's peace of mind at the end of the day.
What's even better is that they fitted me in at very short notice through willing to be flexible.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I just spoke to Terry to see if he could do some work for me this week but he can't squeeze me in until Tuesday!
Your fault then @micah:grinning:

I just spoke to Terry to see if he could do some work for me this week but he can't squeeze me in until Tuesday!
Your fault then @micah:grinning:

Ha! It's a V6 that's taking up the big ramp this week apparently, plus they need to do a manifold on a 197. I only got in as some parts didn't turn up for a 172 yesterday.

Reactions: Big Ben
Ha! It's a V6 that's taking up the big ramp this week apparently, plus they need to do a manifold on a 197. I only got in as some parts didn't turn up for a 172 yesterday.
Cambelt on the V6. 14 hour job:excited:

Thanks for the replies!

Looks like a unanimous vote for Two Techs. I'll give em a call and see what weekend I can get in. I've got a nail dug right into one of my rear tyres - here's to hoping it'll last the hour trip to Dartford!

They likely to help source the tyres/pads? Would take a load off my mind. Or does anyone know a trusty source?

Thanks for the replies!

Looks like a unanimous vote for Two Techs. I'll give em a call and see what weekend I can get in. I've got a nail dug right into one of my rear tyres - here's to hoping it'll last the hour trip to Dartford!

They likely to help source the tyres/pads? Would take a load off my mind. Or does anyone know a trusty source?

There's Camskill for tyres, I get mine from them or Black Circles. I supplied my own belt kit and I'm just being charged for labour. Might want to get your parts from @renaultpartsdirect on here in the trader section and use the forum postage discount code if you're a member.

Reactions: andy9l
Thanks @Micah. I'll get in touch with them and I'll get a membership here again too. Black Circles seem to have the PS4s I'm looking for.

This is a real long shot but I remember 2-3 years ago someone from Renault posted up a screenshot of the servicing schedule for Clio 197/200s. It was a big table/matrix with years/mileage across the top and a list of tasks down the left (like oil change/air filter/etc) and it had ticks to show what was needed when.

I've tried searching but coming up short - anyone got any ideas? It might be in a member forum that I can't see yet. I'll sort that out tonight.

Edit: Never mind I found it! http://www.clio197.net/threads/service-schedule-cambelt-etc.30029/

Reactions: Micah