New intake

Cheers guys only saw it on ebay in the last 10 mins texted my boss who put a bid on for me
just been looking online for fitting instructions as non came with it says to leave the solenoid valve plugged in
what is this valve & where does it plug into ?

GREAT choice, you'll absolutely LOVE the noise I promise. Sounds like you've gained an extra half a litre and added throttle bodies!
Been pondering this kit for a while and after reading this I've made my mind up! Something to do this weekend then!

What are good old K&N intakes like on these cars, do they sound any good? I'm sceptical of a car making any gains bar more noise from an intake.

@Big Ben
200.webp

What are good old K&N intakes like on these cars, do they sound any good? I'm sceptical of a car making any gains bar more noise from an intake.

Panel or cone? No setup other than the KTEC gets sufficient airflow to the cone and is the best for avoiding heat soak. I have a K&N panel in mine and it adds the slightest of growls.

Well couldn't wait for the weekend so fitted them after work
first impressions are not good
the car feels alot slower ,not as responsive & no kick @ 5k alot like driving a 1.0 corsa
seems to be holding back
the good thing is the flat spot is better
then the noise ok it's loud but sounds like a poorly v6
going to run it over the next week or so if theres no improvement the std airbox is going back on

Well couldn't wait for the weekend so fitted them after work
first impressions are not good
the car feels alot slower ,not as responsive & no kick @ 5k alot like driving a 1.0 corsa
seems to be holding back
the good thing is the flat spot is better
then the noise ok it's loud but sounds like a poorly v6
going to run it over the next week or so if theres no improvement the std airbox is going back on

What a great shame.

Some people are mega happy with theirs and infact rave about them ! Mes here being just one.

However: i've read this type of thing too many times to 'risk it'. Especially as mines been mapped as-is now without one.

The only way i'd fit one - is if i rigged up some direct cold air feeds to it, made an insulating shield of some sort to effectively quarantine it in its own 'bubble' of cold air and then have it mapped afterwards to suit.....

Hoping you find something obvious that may sort you out.