Car is looking GREAT Ronnie. Only thing I'm not keen on is the LY steering wheel insert but I guess you need to see it in context along with the dash strips too as I can see those have also been painted. Seats look in good condition too.

Get out for a good drive mate. Goyt Valley would be my choice from where you are. A good run up the A6 to Buxton to stretch it's legs and then on into the valley for more fun stuff.

Have a good one.
Looks alot better in person, previous owner did it, i dont mind it but think ill be getting the wheel retrimmed soon so will decide if the ly insert will stay when i do, ended up doing the a57 snake pass, my favorite local road :smile:

Reactions: Johnny 99 and ///M
Welcome Ronnie, I’m right next to you in Romiley. I currently drive a track prepared Clio with Megane lump in black feel free to drop me a pm if you need anything

Reactions: RonnieCLIORS
Welcome Ronnie, I’m right next to you in Romiley. I currently drive a track prepared Clio with Megane lump in black feel free to drop me a pm if you need anything
alrite mate! which part of romiley? im in bredbury green so no doubt you'll see me about cant really miss the car with it being ly :smile: i keep getting pestered to get a meg engine in mine but i went to the clio purely because of it being N/A, might be something i consider later on in life though.

Reactions: Pav
Cracking bit of kit! Something about Liquid Yellow! Shame about the gearbox but I had very similar problems from the start, incredible bit of difference now it's sorted.

Mate of mine is looking at the MPS, how did you find it?

alrite mate! which part of romiley? im in bredbury green so no doubt you'll see me about cant really miss the car with it being ly :smile: i keep getting pestered to get a meg engine in mine but i went to the clio purely because of it being N/A, might be something i consider later on in life though.

you wont regret it..my revs up to 6.5k rpm and pretty much behaves like a N/A..

Cracking bit of kit! Something about Liquid Yellow! Shame about the gearbox but I had very similar problems from the start, incredible bit of difference now it's sorted.

Mate of mine is looking at the MPS, how did you find it?
Theyre mint tbh mate id deffo reccomend one, i just fancied the change, imo better than the rivals in every way, golf gti, vxr, st etc theyre quicker, look better, come with loads of extras and just dont see alot of them about

Reactions: Benno

I'm on Bredbury Green too, how weird, you will probably see my Clio in about 2 weeks time when its back from RSTuning I expect, I saw you this weekend I think it might have been Friday. I've got a Blue 420d Msport in Estoril Blue on the drive feel free to say hello if you see me

I'm on Bredbury Green too, how weird, you will probably see my Clio in about 2 weeks time when its back from RSTuning I expect, I saw you this weekend I think it might have been Friday. I've got a Blue 420d Msport in Estoril Blue on the drive feel free to say hello if you see me
Small world! Do you live on Harrytown on the main road by any chance as i do remember seeing a black 197 with the front end off, if it is the house im thinking of, you also had a lunar R26.R right??

Been driving the clio ALOT over the last few days making the most of the weather, saw quite a few 197/200s about aswell! Just booked 2 weeks off work, 25 june - 9th july so i can take the car around europe :grinning:

So i have just over a month to prep, full service, tyres & brakes fitted (possibly coilovers depending on money but thats not a necessity) as i will be doing 3000 miles + what other things would you all reccomend to make the trip run smoothly and avoid any issues?

Also looking for a sat nav and better speakers/ stereo as i like my music if anyone has any they could reccomend?

Thanks

This is sweet! Where are you going mate? Itinerary please:wink:

You said it, oil change before and after, (make sure you have a liter for topping up), gearbox oil, a good set of brake pads (RC6, DS1.11, PF8) and good brake fluid depending how aggressive you take it on those downhills. A jack and a decent set of tools for sure and talking from experience...a spare wheel!

If you don't have one I can lend you mine, trust me, if the bad thing happens (touch wood) you don't want to spend 7 hours in the middle of nowhere waiting for recovery. Speaking of which, European Breakdown Cover of course but pay attention to the repatriation wording.

Make sure your AC is working as it's getting a bit hot on the motorways!

In regards to SatNav, I've been using an old TomTom with the removable SD cards because these are the only ones that allow you to upload itineraries. The newer ones don't support this functionality. Any would do, you can also buy fully up to date maps from ebay for a tenner.

Radios is a must of course, assuming you are not going alone?

An air pump and a tyre pressure meter are always handy to monitor those tyre pressures, our cars are getting hard on the tyres and I always had to drop them quite significantly, especially on warm days. I've damaged tyres by not doing it the first year.

Stereo, i'm not the one to suggest anything as nine is pretty basic.

Tyres, stick to 215s and ditch those 225s you currently have on, I personally love the AD08Rs.

Make sure you get a Sanef toll charge tag if you don't have one, it makes life so much easier.

And most importantly..action camera!!:smile:

Hope that helps.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jack_R27 New Members 6
VehicleOfChoice New Members 13
T New Members 12
Priyank.A New Members 20
Flames83 Clio 197 Area 12