Newbie Clio 197 Cup

literally thought I would have a quick look on mu lunch and saw the plug hanging there, 30 seconds later fixed.

I Must say you lot are spot on, thanks for all the help and kind messages, reminds me of what the R32OC used to be like

I am very impressed

Out of interest who has the most posts on here, I am currently on 11,392 on the R32OC (been on there for many years though)

wondered if anyone else is as sad as me lol

Welcome along to the forum! And thank you for your kind words - we do try and be the best we can be! If you hover over 'Members' at the top of the page, in the drop down box you will see a link for 'notable members' - the highest posters are on there. Plenty of typing enthusiasts on here too :wink:

Good to hear you've got one of the issues sorted already. Hopefully you can get the other ones sorted and you can get on with enjoying the car!

Reactions: MIQ
welcome along..like the cars you had in the past...as above..changing your box oil should help..

Just took this photo of my Golf looking all jealous

Attachments

• 8EE0E975-4D09-4068-B7ED-057EE2A029A1.jpeg
    8EE0E975-4D09-4068-B7ED-057EE2A029A1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: R11HOY
Welcome aboard... white clios always look nice! Take it for a B road hoon and you'll love it

Welcome Mark!

Looks like a really nice example, I've got the dreaded 3rd gear crunch too but it's possible to avoid it with a very slight pause before changing up. Getting my oil changed too next week probably, will see if there's any difference..

P.S. I love anything Golf Mk4..had a PD100 TDI and made the worst mistake ever getting rid. Was toying with an R32 before I got the Clio but insurance would have absolutely screwed me dry..! Would love one in the future though, friend of mine opposite has just got one and supercharged it, circa 450bhp I think he said!!

Welcome along, I've always wanted a 3 door mk4 R32, one of the best sounding cars I've heard. The build quality of the R32 is outstanding, sadly nothing like the Clio, but when the Clio is on song and running well, they are truly amazing to drive. Not the fastest car, but dynamically stunning. A solid rear beam axled car shouldn't drive this well.

I was quite disappointed with the power when I first got mine, compared to my 182 it felt gutless, then I started to leave my mechanical sympathy at home and it feels quite a bit quicker. Remaps apparently help with power delivery, but I'm yet to get mine mapped to try this out.

White is a great colour on the 197.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome along, I've always wanted a 3 door mk4 R32, one of the best sounding cars I've heard. The build quality of the R32 is outstanding, sadly nothing like the Clio, but when the Clio is on song and running well, they are truly amazing to drive. Not the fastest car, but dynamically stunning. A solid rear beam axled car shouldn't drive this well.

I was quite disappointed with the power when I first got mine, compared to my 182 it felt gutless, then I started to leave my mechanical sympathy at home and it feels quite a bit quicker. Remaps apparently help with power delivery, but I'm yet to get mine mapped to try this out.

White is a great colour on the 197.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
they should have only made the R32 in a 3 door the 5 doors just look weird, Mine is spot on everything works and it has a custom exhaust, so sounds different to all the milteks people have, and is the lowest static one in UK, and re-mapped.

if you click on my annoying noise video above, on my you tube channel me and the Mrs made a short video of the 32.

Yeah loving the white, my Renault 5 was white and always wanted another white car, am happy its got that boot spoiler as well.

just hoping i feel love for it after I have had all the bits sorted, as it looks mint and the body work has not got any marks on it if not I am gonna sell and get a Twingo 133 or Mk5/6 Golf GTI

Last edited:
Reactions: Deer_Dodger
Welcome Mark!

Looks like a really nice example, I've got the dreaded 3rd gear crunch too but it's possible to avoid it with a very slight pause before changing up. Getting my oil changed too next week probably, will see if there's any difference..

P.S. I love anything Golf Mk4..had a PD100 TDI and made the worst mistake ever getting rid. Was toying with an R32 before I got the Clio but insurance would have absolutely screwed me dry..! Would love one in the future though, friend of mine opposite has just got one and supercharged it, circa 450bhp I think he said!!

Thanks for the welcome,

thats ok but I dont want to change my driving style, do you know if they do a short shift kit for these as the gears do feel like they are far apart

:hearteyes:hate may turn into looove

there is a short shift for these..some members have fitted it..don't remember from the top of my head who it was..

Welcome in mate. 1 problem down 2 to go. I'm sure you will fix your issues and gel with the car. Out of interest how many miles on your R32? My R27 has under 16k (2007).

Colin

Welcome in mate. 1 problem down 2 to go. I'm sure you will fix your issues and gel with the car. Out of interest how many miles on your R32? My R27 has under 16k (2007).

Colin
Hello, MY R32 has 122k, i bought it nearly new so have done most of the miles myself, drove it everyday for many years, then 3 years ago, totally restored it and only use now and then, it feels like new and the build quality is immense (even more evident now I have the clio lol)

yeah Clio is booked in tomorrow to see what is required, I am hoping I like it when the suspension noises etc are gone

Similar Thread Suggestions