No Power untill about 6,000rpm

Was driving home last night, put it in to 3rd to go past a lorry, makes a huge amount of noise and just goes nowhere :nope:

Got a mechanic coming to look at it today, could it be this stupid K&N air filter?

Possibly, has there been a noticable change though? If so there may be something wrong.

K&n induction kit?

If so then it may very well be

To be honest im not sure what it is, i bought it that way, going to replace it with the standard, just not got round to it, i only noticed it past few days, just seems to be making more noise than normal and less power lower down.

Could be the coil pack or a lamba sensor... My old sportka done this just bogged down and made loads of noise and back fired alot but then cleared up.

Doesnt feel like it.

My Dad said that when i told him, he took it out and said it felt more like the exhaust. But i duno mechanic is coming in after dinner.

Will report back :thumbup:

ah ok - its just being in the "trade" many drivers report a loss of power and its the clutch thats slipping

ah ok - its just being in the "trade" many drivers report a loss of power and its the clutch thats slipping

No sorry, i wasnt saying you dont know.

But my dad has been in the "trade" since he was 16, and i work for him now, we repair cars, and have two bodyshops :smile:

Had a look last night for a loose pipe, but couldnt see anything :nope:

No sorry, i wasnt saying you dont know.

But my dad has been in the "trade" since he was 16, and i work for him now, we repair cars, and have two bodyshops :smile:

its fine fella :thumbsup:

its just theres a lot on here with no idea on vehicle mechanics

what speed were you doing mate? clio is pap for overtaking grunt unless you rev the nips off it, k&n could loose you power but noting that would feel drastic.