No Satellite Signal from my Tom Tom

My inbuilt TomTom was stolen from my Clio (Dynamic.Tomtom reg.2010). I have fitted used Tomtom(3xAeriel conns) + a SD card & brought a new REMOTE.. The Radio / CD now work again,the Tomtom display works & I can programme a new destination in,it calculates the route.but its still shows the roads of Cardiff (I purchased the SD card on EBAY from some1 in Cardiff)
When the Tomtom Display is ON, there is NO Satellite signal..Does it matter which way the 3x Aerial Conns (Blue,Yellow & White) fitted as Female conn were ripped off when the Tomtom was nicked ..ps I have tried different combos 4 the 3xAerial cables,but no joy..
Please help, I'm pulling my Hair Out..lol

First thing I'd say is why... I mean why steal an obsolete Tomtom that won't work in anything else, some people :rage:

Yes the coloured connectors have to be in the right order, I assume you had to make the connectors off again, if so are you sure there wired up ok?

Here's an electrical schematic if it helps...

0020_A3-page-001.jpg
p.s. Is your new Tomtom same as the old one, the TomTom Live I have has four connections red, yellow, blue and white.

First thing I'd say is why... I mean why steal an obsolete Tomtom that won't work in anything else, some people :rage:

Yes the coloured connectors have to be in the right order, I assume you had to make the connectors off again, if so are you sure there wired up ok?

Here's an electrical schematic if it helps...

View attachment 120136
p.s. Is your new Tomtom same as the old one, the TomTom Live I have has four connections red, yellow, blue and white.
Thanks 4 ur reply... I purchased 3 x Fakra female jack connectors (Universal) they were very difficult 2 get the correct length 4 the inner cable(COPPER) & then crimping the outer braid(STEEL) in the sleeve,so possibly I have fitted incorrectly !!! I have tried various combos,but no JOY..
From the wiring diagram, the conns.... WHITE = Radio & BLUE & YELLOW =AERIAL (either side)
So the only way 2 get correct combo,is by trail & error???

The other way to test the cables would be to use a multimeter and test continuity between the signal and shield (should be open circuit whilst disconnected), then loop test each cable by shorting the end together (should get a short circuit at other end). The other end of the aerial loom plugs together at the back of the car near the seat belt (it's a bit of a pain to get behind the plastics though):

upload_2017-3-29_1-17-38-png.17848

Worst case you could buy the aerial loom from Renault, I think it's part number 282438921R.

Last edited: