Nominated Forum 'Charity' ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Ladies and Gentlemen; fellow members @Pav @Chris @Jimmy @Foxspeed @Sean197 @kevlar @R32pete

It has come to light today from a thread on here; that it would be really nice for us as a forum to have a singular 'Nominated Forum Charity'.

In the scale of life we as Clio 197 / 200 / 200T owners are incredibly lucky. Goes without saying there are folk out there with far more pressing issues than a dirty air-filter or a squeaky piece of Renault trim......

It has also been suggested than rather donate to one of the larger Cancer / Parkinson's / Service people charities - we perhaps try to contribute to something / someone on here who has an issue very close to them. And if at all possible to an individual perhaps. Someone with learning / life difficulties. Someone underprivileged, someone who needs a boost in life, someone who's been dealt some terribly hard luck in life. Or something else.

As truly worthy as the National charities are - its difficult to know / see how any donations directly effect any individual. With a individual / group - it might even be possible for us to meet the recipients, exchange contact, get pics or communication on here.

And for us blessed and in the most part healthy folk here - that might well turn out to be a truly humbling and inspiring thing to take part in.

I see group meets / area meets as a way of everyone chipping in literally a couple of quid each, people could do their own sponsored events, unwanted items could be sold here with the monies going to the charity, a percentage of regular sales could be put forward and into the pot. The opportunities to enhance peoples lives are literally endless.

So. Firstly:

1./ Do we all think this is a good idea as suggested ? (Please comment with your thoughts either way)

2./ Suggestions of where / what we should be looking to contribute toward please !

Regards - The 197 / 200 / 200T Admin team.

think this is a brill idea..im easy of where to donate it..gotta agree with Steve though....cancer is horrible and people suffer from it could benefit from a little support from us...
second option would be dogs in my case..gotta love dogs...
will do do anything to support this of course...

Reactions: ///M
I think the idea is great as contributing to one cause generally has a bigger impact than spreading IMO.

I don't really have any suggestions I'm afraid but would be nice to perhaps find a lesser known charity that don't get the awareness of the big ones.

Sounds like a plan, my only thughts are people do not have to do it if they do not wish to - not everyone agress with charity regardless if some think its right or wrong, but yeh im in - after all if a few people to a few quid only its better than nothing.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Sounds like a plan, my only thoughts are people do not have to do it if they do not wish to - not everyone agrees with charity regardless if some think its right or wrong, but yeh im in - after all if a few people to a few quid only its better than nothing.

Agreed !

I dont think anyones is suggesting anyone-else has-to give Kev.

Just if we get a suitable time, if we are having a collection, if some one is donating etc; we have a common cause we contribute towards. I for one wouldn't want to see any member here pressured into giving away their own hard-earned in a way they didn't wish for.

:smile:

Reactions: kevlar
I would be willing to contribute/help. As previously said IMO a more localised/smaller/less known charity would benefit more from our likely contribution than a global/national charity.

Herts & Essex air ambulance is a charity very close to my heart. They saved my life after an accident in 2014. I do contribute to the charity throughout the year already though.

I would be willing to contribute/help. As previously said IMO a more localised/smaller/less known charity would benefit more from our likely contribution than a global/national charity.

Herts & Essex air ambulance is a charity very close to my heart. They saved my life after an accident in 2014. I do contribute to the charity throughout the year already though.

Maybe we could pick a charity each year or every five years or so? I have no problem with supporting localised charities, but maybe as a UK club, albeit with members overseas, we should choose a national charity to support.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Agreed !

I dont think anyones is suggesting anyone-else has-to Kev.

Just if we get a suitable time, if we are having a collection, if some one is donating etc; we have a common cause we contribute towards. I for one wouldn't want to see any member here pressured into giving away their own hard-earned in a way they didn't wish for.

:smile:
What are you saying @sevenfourate that I go round at night to all the members and get money with a balaclava on and a big stick

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Beany