OEM Bonnet badge

c.h 90

Paid Member
Hey guys.

So I recently got the Clio detailed and valeted, and it turned out amazingly. However the valeter tried to make the black eBay badge cover fit a bit better. But in the process of heating, it got damaged. He told me to get a genuine new badge and he will cover some of the cost as well as vinyl wrap or plastidip it for me.

Rang a dealer here in Ireland and the told me €55 which I thought was a bit steep.

Anyone have a lead on where I can get an oem badge I've tried ranultpartsdirect but to no avail.

How much are they from dealers in the U.K.?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he damaged it, why is he only covering 'some' of the cost? get a new one from the dealer and get him to pay for it.

Hey guys.

So I recently got the Clio detailed and valeted, and it turned out amazingly. However the valeter tried to make the black eBay badge cover fit a bit better. But in the process of heating, it got damaged. He told me to get a genuine new badge and he will cover some of the cost as well as vinyl wrap or plastidip it for me.

Rang a dealer here in Ireland and the told me €55 which I thought was a bit steep.

Anyone have a lead on where I can get an oem badge I've tried ranultpartsdirect but to no avail.

How much are they from dealers in the U.K.?

Any info will be much appreciated.

As per seans comment why would you worry he damaged it he has to replace it - not sure why he would have heated it though I had same issue the front black badge did not sit correctly so sanded down the centre of the diamond slightly fit a treat.

You're rights guys the more I think of it. It's his problem he can fix it. I wouldn't mind just getting another badge cover and he can pay for it but he offered to wrap the genuine one so it's on him.
bbdabd4f84530314c33a0964221fb2e9.jpg

The badge covers are about £20 from ebay so probably best to just buy one of those.

was going to say why buy genuine? get the same one again and get him to wrap it if wrapping will make it look different to the black you have.

(why you want to wrap it? because its black? )

Almost forgot to tell you i secretly paid a detailer to damage all black diamonds- SILVER DIAMONDS FOR EVER!!!

Reactions: R11HOY
was going to say why buy genuine? get the same one again and get him to wrap it if wrapping will make it look different to the black you have.

(why you want to wrap it? because its black? )

Almost forgot to tell you i secretly paid a detailer to damage all black diamonds- SILVER DIAMONDS FOR EVER!!!

You B***ARD! [emoji23]
The black does match my car but he said he'd prefer to wrap an original badge instead of using a cover. I'll give him the option of buying a new badge cover or a new OEM badge and see what he says

Reactions: R11HOY