Our Intake

Really, not worth the bother alone. Would only entertain it along side other mods...63mm TB for example. And in dads army stylie "the ecu doesn't like it up um'".....

do you mean the ECU doesn't like cold air mate? you've lost me

I think he means how the ECU can be a bit quirky when you change stuff, like how some took time for the idle to settle of changing TB but others adapted quickly etc.. They do seem to adjust well even without mapping, but then others seem to need a bit of time to do.

So I'm told, the Renault ecu is the worst element to moddin Clio's....somewhat basic?????

I think he means how the ECU can be a bit quirky when you change stuff, like how some took time for the idle to settle of changing TB but others adapted quickly etc.. They do seem to adjust well even without mapping, but then others seem to need a bit of time to do.

ah right cheers will

not seen the pics of ktecs new setup mate but i'm led to believe its very similar to madeno racings filter,it should sound mental but i back to back tested my maxogen at RS Tuning with and without the wine bottle housing on and for all it ran ever so slightly more peak power with the open cone in lost mid range torque so Paul said he'd leave it as is

you got any pics of the ktec setup

They've put some up on their Facebook page. Looks very basic to be honest, little bit of silicone pipe with an open filter and an aluminium heat shield that slots around it. It is quite close to the Madeno one from what I've seen. It'll be interesting to see what gains it produces once they publish the results of just fitting that and no other work or mapping.

i wouldnt say the clio ecu is "basic" by a long way...

its good at its job ie providing precise engine calibration over a sustained period of time whilst meeting emission regulations

ah right cheers will

not seen the pics of ktecs new setup mate but i'm led to believe its very similar to madeno racings filter,it should sound mental but i back to back tested my maxogen at RS Tuning with and without the wine bottle housing on and for all it ran ever so slightly more peak power with the open cone in lost mid range torque so Paul said he'd leave it as is

you got any pics of the ktec setup

The K-tec set up looks the same as the madeno only they use carbon

544006_487435274612577_373359669_n.jpg

37078_487435034612601_614229227_n.jpg

543989_487435081279263_177364806_n.jpg

380581_487435131279258_1721753922_n.jpg

Some pic's of k-tec's

yep thats the setup i seen,only thing that puts me off with it been open cone and it been stuck behind the battery not a lot of air low getting to it.Not sure what price K-tec are going to ask for it but for the money i think this is a good set up with the Maxogen.

7830851406_80618869d6_b.jpg
IMAG0134 by chickster2012, on Flickr