Paid Member Colours?

Just wondering..

Any room for movement on the Paid Member colour? Its a bit hard to read on the blue background compared to the reds/blues of other members.

Or, maybe they yellow might be more clear if it was bold?

Not sure, just thought I'd suggest it and see what you say. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
OR, haha.

You could maybe offer different levels of membership for an added cost, like what they do on the Corsa forum I'm on at the moment with my Corsa D. You pay a bit more on there than you do on here, but you can either pay for Extra Membership for £11 a year, or pay another £3, and get a different colour and more benifits..

Heres the list of stuff you get with their set-up.

EXTRA MEMBERSHIP - £11

In addition to the normal site features available to basic members you will also get the following features:

Can Set Self to Invisible
Can Use Signatures
Can Use Post Icons
Can have Photo Albums (15mb or 500 Pictures, whichever comes first)
Can Comment on Photos in Albums
Can Post, Edit and Delete User Profile Comments
Can Download Attachments
Can Delete Own Posts
Can Post in Social Groups
Can Upload Custom Avatars (160 Wide, 120 High, 12kb Max in Size)
Increased PM Storage (250)
Can Request Message Tracking (ie... Ask for a Read Reciept)
Can send PMs to upto 5 Recipients at once
Ability to Sell items
Access to Extra Members Special Offers
Access to the "Extra Members Area"
Access to the "Site Suggestions Area"
Priority Booking for Shows
Chance of Being a Feature Car
Ability to change Username
Can Open/Close Own For Sale and Wanted Threads

EXTRA MEMBERSHIP PLUS - £14

In addition to the site features available to extra members (see above) you will also get the following features:

Can have Photo Albums (40mb or 2000 Pictures, whichever comes first)
Increased PM Storage (500)
Can send PMs to upto 10 Recipients at once
Can Upload Attachments (10mb)
Can Manage Uploaded Attachments
Can Use Signatures (5 Lines, Text Size 2)
Can Delete Own Threads
Can Post Visitor Messages on Others Profiles
Can Create, Join and Manage Social Groups
Can Post Messages in Social Groups

Could be an idea? Gives more support to run the forum too, and help pay for stands and things at events etc.

Last edited:
i would love to change it for you but cant find a bloody list of the colour codes and all the ones ive tried come out the same. :worried:

not going to start charging more though, i feel bad enough as it is.

i would love to change it for you but cant find a bloody list of the colour codes and all the ones ive tried come out the same. :worried:

not going to start charging more though, i feel bad enough as it is.

Haha,

Alright fair enough, just an idea. :thumbup1:

You wouldn't be paying more though, you could still do as your doing now, but offer another level for a few £'s extra. Up to people if they want to pay more and support the site then or they could still choose to pay what the "rate" is now.

Can Set Self to Invisible...not going to happen
Can Use Signatures...already can
Can Use Post Icons...already can
Can have Photo Albums (15mb or 500 Pictures, whichever comes first)...already can
Can Comment on Photos in Albums...already can
Can Post, Edit and Delete User Profile Comments...not sure
Can Download Attachments...can
Can Delete Own Posts...not going to happen
Can Post in Social Groups...can
Can Upload Custom Avatars (160 Wide, 120 High, 12kb Max in Size)...paid members do have a bigger avatar
Increased PM Storage (250)...already
Can Request Message Tracking (ie... Ask for a Read Reciept)...can
Can send PMs to upto 5 Recipients at once...can
Ability to Sell items...can
Access to Extra Members Special Offers...get discounts
Access to the "Extra Members Area"...can
Access to the "Site Suggestions Area"...can
Priority Booking for Shows...not enough members
Chance of Being a Feature Car...anyone can be on the calendar if they win potm.
Ability to change Username...not going to happen
Can Open/Close Own For Sale and Wanted Threads...not going to happen

EXTRA MEMBERSHIP PLUS - £14

In addition to the site features available to extra members (see above) you will also get the following features:

Can have Photo Albums (40mb or 2000 Pictures, whichever comes first)...paid members get more space.
Increased PM Storage (500)...500 would take up too much space on the server.
Can send PMs to upto 10 Recipients at once...not sure
Can Upload Attachments (10mb)...can
Can Manage Uploaded Attachments...not sure
Can Use Signatures (5 Lines, Text Size 2)...already can
Can Delete Own Threads...not going to happen
Can Post Visitor Messages on Others Profiles...can
Can Create, Join and Manage Social Groups...can
Can Post Messages in Social Groups...can

I can understand where jace is coming from here, but jase you have just pointed out that this site has alot of benifits being a paid and non paid member.

shuttit jace, don't convince him to charge us more :wink:

wont be charging more just yet. but extra donations are always welcome.

i cant use an image for my signature, is it because im a non paid member?

that is exactly why. paid members only. sorry.

I can understand where jace is coming from here, but jase you have just pointed out that this site has alot of benifits being a paid and non paid member.

there is a reason for most things on the site. some of them are due to the site not having as many members as other sites. like the for sale section, if only paid members had access there wouldnt be much for sale.

Haha, just an idea for us to help support the site more. Sites aren't free to run, neither are all the fancy banners and stuff you get at FCS, TRAX and things like that.

Just a way of helping us support the site more and getting something back in return. Only an idea i thought of whilst i was pottering about eating my breakfast earlier, lol.

shuttit jace, don't convince him to charge us more :wink:

Haha! You wouldn't be paying more, you'd just have the option to pay a bit more for a few more features. :-p

Even if, lets say you pay £5 now, you could pay £10 for a few extra features on the forum, as well as two clio197 stickers, or something.

there is a reason for most things on the site. some of them are due to the site not having as many members as other sites. like the for sale section, if only paid members had access there wouldnt be much for sale.

Yea, i can see what you mean. The site im on (http://www.ukcorsa-d.com, they also run http://www.corsa-c.co.uk, same as 197.net and *cough* 200.net. :wink:) yes, ukcorsa-d.co.uk has has 1,921 active members, (Corsa-C has 10,180, lol) and this one only has 326 but with the extra money you'll get back from the site you'll be able to put it back into organising flyers, bigger stands at shows etc which then attracts more members to the site who then pay their £10 a year and then the ball starts rolling again.

Only something i thought of earlier, just a suggestion to help the site grow. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Also on the Corsa site, you can't use avatars until you pay for extra membership, which entices people to pay for the extra memebership and support the site so you get a pretty picture under your name.

The base membership on the Corsa forum is bare bones, you get hardly anything until you cough up some spare change. :smiley:

Also, on here you get a lot more discounts etc than you do on the Corsa site, on the Corsa site we only get the features of the site for our £14 a month (Hardly any traders worth talking about have signed up to the site). On here for your £5 you get a lot more for your buck!

Last edited:
Haha, just an idea for us to help support the site more. Sites aren't free to run, neither are all the fancy banners and stuff you get at FCS, TRAX and things like that

Im aware of that, i spent long enough studying and working as a graphic designer thats why i understand you and jase' points accross this lot. :smile: