Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Good to see that Trevor is getting round to working his magic on the Witch! Five weeks away.... that is a long time mate! I bet you can't wait to get back to her and give her a good seeing to :wink:

It's great to be on holiday away but not being able to drive a proper car is killing me..dropped my sister's Megane off at a local Renault garage for a big service,including the timing belt etc,yesterday and was given a courtesy car..a new Megane in white...dont ask me what engine as I would have to cry:chris2:
My first impression was,what the f***..thought I'd have to use sails to get it moving...so slow!however,the chassis on it was pretty good...the Megane rs may be good car after all...

Reactions: ///M
It's great to be on holiday away but not being able to drive a proper car is killing me..dropped my sister's Megane off at a local Renault garage for a big service,including the timing belt etc,yesterday and was given a courtesy car..a new Megane in white...dont ask me what engine as I would have to cry:chris2:
My first impression was,what the f***..thought I'd have to use sails to get it moving...so slow!however,the chassis on it was pretty good...the Megane rs may be good car after all...

That's because you're spoilt with all the booooooooooost you've got now :smile:

P_20170831_133925[1].jpg P_20170831_134646[1].jpg so finally im back in the UK..what a come back that was..the flight went really well but whats wrong with the weather in Manchester???im used to 40 degrees in the shade..this here is a bit less pleasing :poke:
anyway,i was reunited with my car and she has been missed..
Trev has done a few things over the summer

1. new battery
2. fixed my airbag light
3. changed radiator for an aluminium one ( 16 mm thicker so a overheating isnt an issue anymore)
4. used distilled water for the cooling system

we were thinking of moving the battery into my boot but will leave it for now..

so i picked her up,started the engine was about to leave Trev's garage when my steering wheel started to smoke..stank like shit,believe me..so reversed back to Trev's and turned the car off..he is sprinting from his garage shouting to disconnect the battery..have to admit i thought it was gonna catch on fire at one point..
anyway,wiper unit has burnt some wires so it was a close call..
got a replacement from ebay and its being fitted today hopefully..

Last edited:
BLOODY HELL PAV!!! What a crazy situ! REALLY glad it wasn't too bad and also glad it wasn't an expensive fix.

Bloody hell though!

Bit of quick thinking there. I'd of sat and watched it burn!!
Road trip tomorrow Pav. Stretch her legs a bit:grinning:

Reactions: Beany
Blimey that was a lucky escape Pavster! Good thing you were still on Trev's premises so he could sort it straight away! That could have been the worst coming home present ever!!

Really good to see the witch parked in 'her spot' outside your place mate, back where she belongs :smile: hopefully with all the fixes Trev has done she will be running sweet as a nut!

Hope you had a good holiday Pav, bet you can't wait to go for a spirited drive! Is there a specific reason why the wires began to burn? I believe the same has happened to quite a few cars now.

Jeeeees Pav! Close call buddy!

Bet that rad will make a big difference! And I bet its nice to be back in a powerful car lol!

My little Saxo i used to run @ The Pod ran alot of electrickery; and always struck me as a car that could go up in flames.

I had a small fire extinguisher in a cage neatly fitted into the boot. Luckily never needed it.

Bloody glad you didnt either Pav. I bet things got a little hectic there for a minute or two !!

"Lucky boy" :smile:

BLOODY HELL PAV!!! What a crazy situ! REALLY glad it wasn't too bad and also glad it wasn't an expensive fix.

Bloody hell though!
thanks it was a bit scary but kept my head cool and Trev sorted the rest..
Bit of quick thinking there. I'd of sat and watched it burn!!
Road trip tomorrow Pav. Stretch her legs a bit:grinning:
you never know what to do..think we managed quite well though..i would like to take her for a spin so will see how much time i have..
Blimey that was a lucky escape Pavster! Good thing you were still on Trev's premises so he could sort it straight away! That could have been the worst coming home present ever!!

Really good to see the witch parked in 'her spot' outside your place mate, back where she belongs :smile: hopefully with all the fixes Trev has done she will be running sweet as a nut!
it could have been fatal if i had been somewhere else..glad it happened at Trevs..she is doing really well..have a blown fuse for a heater so if anyone knows where it is located,i would appreciate your input..
thanks Jimmy
Hope you had a good holiday Pav, bet you can't wait to go for a spirited drive! Is there a specific reason why the wires began to burn? I believe the same has happened to quite a few cars now.
thanks had a brill time away..England is so cold!!:chris2: will se if i can think of somewhere to go this weekend..she deserves a brutal drive out..
not sure..it just happened..i did use my screen wash button just before it happened..the French wiring man :chris2:
Jeeeees Pav! Close call buddy!

Bet that rad will make a big difference! And I bet its nice to be back in a powerful car lol!
very close call..the car still stinks of a plasticky smoke..you are absolutely spot on with being in a powerful car again..i drove a few cars while abroad but nothing even came close to what i own :thumb:
My little Saxo i used to run @ The Pod ran alot of electrickery; and always struck me as a car that could go up in flames.

I had a small fire extinguisher in a cage neatly fitted into the boot. Luckily never needed it.

Bloody glad you didnt either Pav. I bet things got a little hectic there for a minute or two !!

"Lucky boy" :smile:
Lucky boy i was for sure..i have a extinguisher too and im very happy i did not have to use it..
yeah the people in front of the garage started shouting for Trev "the car is on fire" :chair:

Had to go for a drive...lovely day to stay in..touch wood but she is faultless..the temps are under 90 most of the time.. @Big Ben if you haven't got your radiator sorted,I can recommend the one I've got..
I will link you to it if you are interested..fully aluminium one and its less than a r26 one..P_20170902_142154.jpg

BBtw that's not lager,just a shandy:drunk:

Last edited:
I like it Pav! All you need is a girl in that photo and you'd have your three favourite things all in one place :wink:

Good to hear the Witch is running well mate, must be so good to be back behind the wheel after so long away! Where did you get to? Just local, or did you have a run over Snake Pass?

Reactions: Pav
Weather looks good. Car looks Great. Cold beer looks awesome Pav !!!

Am i not very observant - or have you recently modded your front upper grilles for more air-flow ?

Go on. Tell me they've been like it for years now :smile:

Reactions: Pav
I like it Pav! All you need is a girl in that photo and you'd have your three favourite things all in one place :wink:

Good to hear the Witch is running well mate, must be so good to be back behind the wheel after so long away! Where did you get to? Just local, or did you have a run over Snake Pass?
its like you said..my 3 favorite things..sadly one is missing..will work on that,wont we??:smile:
yeap she has been running awesomely..so much fun and lets say for the sake of the argument,i went on my another private track,and the straight line speed is immense..not done it yet so was very pleased that she kept pulling and pulling...

went local really as it was a bit late when i set off..i just kept driving with no sat nav and ended up in a nice little village,thats where i had my drink..

Reactions: Jimmy
Weather looks good. Car looks Great. Cold beer looks awesome Pav !!!

Am i not very observant - or have you recently modded your front upper grilles for more air-flow ?

Go on. Tell me they've been like it for years now :smile:
thanks man..all was good and i didnt need to use my breakdown cover today :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
nothing can slip through your fingers,can it??did them grills in the winter buddy..just a little upgrade to get some more air in..dont think its helped a lot but hey ho..dont try,dont know...

Looks good Pav. Glad you got some quality time behind the wheel mate.

I've got my own private track for top speed testing as well:wink:

I wouldn't mind a link to the alloy rad you've got please. Think I'm going to get one custom made from Kempston Rads though. Donor car arrives end of next week so hopefully booked in week after

Reactions: Beany