Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Brakes better Pav ? What did you do exactly / how far did you go ?

After my garage doing mine mid-week there now the best they've ever been. LOVE a firm pedal :smile:

Great time to do it too - before the Crappo weather sets in.

Calliper paint still looks great bud :smile:

not driven the car yet..having my tea..stripped them,took the pads out,lubed the sliding pins and all that..wire brushed everything around to get rid of the brake dust..
thats the thing,i really want to do these things myself as i know they have been done plus you can see what it all looks like..
yeah defo,the weather isnt going to hold this nice for much longer..
thanks buddy

As above callipers still look great. Did you manage to get the pins out ok?
thanks Ben..i service my brakes 2x a year so there's no way they would get seized..think if you do it once a year they wouldnt get bad..just make sure you use some decent lubricant..like with sex.if its dry it wont be very enjoyable :chair:
Nice one pav - good job done that mate - the arches do get filthy when lowered as you can't get in there!
true Chris..you would know,wouldnt you??thanks..im aching though..think its the age :chris2:

Reactions: Big Ben
thanks Ben..i service my brakes 2x a year so there's no way they would get seized..think if you do it once a year they wouldnt get bad..just make sure you use some decent lubricant..like with sex.if its dry it wont be very enjoyable :chair:

true Chris..you would know,wouldnt you??thanks..im aching though..think its the age :chris2:

Getting an old man mate :smiley:

Nice work with the brakes Pavster, good on you for doing it yourself! As you say, big peace of mind knowing that the work has been done properly. I'm with you on the aches and pains dude, age is a bitch :smile:

@Pav Is the Forge hard pipe kit worth the investment mate?
its an upgrade from standard so hope it is..it wont make much of a difference on a dyno i believe but the diameter is bigger compared to a standard pipe..also if you have a forge intercooler it's a direct fit..no messing around with pipes and alignment..
the weight is less too..
Nice work with the brakes Pavster, good on you for doing it yourself! As you say, big peace of mind knowing that the work has been done properly. I'm with you on the aches and pains dude, age is a bitch :smile:
my words..diy is the way to go with these little jobs..
and yeah the age is a bitch..gotta find my slippers and my pipe and i can sit in my rocking chair :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Jimmy
im glad to report tat my seat belts are not disgusting anymore :smiley:
also had a little play with my adjustable top mounts just to see what i can do to my set up at Betford..
P_20171001_161148.jpg

Reactions: Benno and Big Ben
Negative camber at the front I'm guessing mate?
will be Ben..leaving it for now for a road use but comes Bedford,this baby is going full track mode :smiley:
Crying out for some recaros bud :wink:
you know that was my thought when i saw this photo on my pc..there are a few other options on ebay..been looking but dont know whether they fit or how would they look..
1.1st option

2. 2nd option

what do you guys think??

Reactions: DS197
will be Ben..leaving it for now for a road use but comes Bedford,this baby is going full track mode :smiley:

you know that was my thought when i saw this photo on my pc..there are a few other options on ebay..been looking but dont know whether they fit or how would they look..
1.1st option

2. 2nd option

what do you guys think??
They look ok Pav. Not quite as good as a Recaro imo but not quite as dear either! Everyone seems to have fitting issues to get over with aftermarket seats. Doubt these will be different:grin: