Peter's R27 Progress

Hey everyone, iv recently got myself a 197 R27, its a liquid yellow, 45k miles, and iv been making some little changes to it from day one so here is my thread to show you what iv been upto. :smile:
Firstly some pics when i got it..
media4.jpg
media7.jpg
media8.jpg
media6.jpg

The first mod was spacers, i went for 25mm all round.
IMG_0147-1.jpg
IMG_0149-1.jpg

Then the orange indicator bulbs were replaced in the front and rear lights with silver ones to match in the surrounding, a really nice subtle mod i think.
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg

Lots more pics to come! :smile:

Thanks guys :smile: yeh its on the standard suspension still, i will be getting h&r springs at some point though.

I replaced all interior bulbs with white leds, number plate leds. They show up blue in the pics but they are white in person.

Before :
IMG_0172.jpg

After:
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg

Front side lights before and after:
Before:
IMG_0180.jpg

After:
IMG_0181.jpg

They match the xenons so much better i think. :smile:

Next i fitted new number plates to get rid of the dealership advertising.
De'badged the ''clio'' and fitted some 3" exhaust tips..

IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg

I wish I had a garage I could tuck mine away in :worried:

All round good job so far mate. Anything else planned after the springs?

Last edited:
cheers :smile: Lots of little touches still like an ipod cable, some nice mats, thinking of getting some black plasti dip paint to do the grills as they are faded slightly. Maybe some carbon fibre goodies here and there aswell. :headphone:

Bigger plans are to get h&r springs as mentioned, a k-tec front splitter, further down the line i might get a stainless exhaust system to give the car abit more note. Also on the cards is either a wheel refurb or completely differant wheels altogether.. currently searching to see all the options available for 5x108. :thumbsup:

Like the looks of the interior lights mate! I have got blue LED's in mine but I think they look a bit chavy haha... White ones on the way!

chavvy is never a good look, haha. Blue probably doesnt look too bad in a blue car though.. white is abit nicer though. :thumbsup:

Looks great buddy, even something as small as 25mm spacers makes the world of difference to the looks - i love it.

Did you buy them brand new? :smile:

Thanks guys! :smile: yeh i bought the spacers new. They are made by FK and are the hubcentric bolt to hub type with reinforced steel sections. I was going to get h&r ones but the fk's are half the price, and do the same job. :smile:

Thanks guys! :smile: yeh i bought the spacers new. They are made by FK and are the hubcentric bolt to hub type with reinforced steel sections. I was going to get h&r ones but the fk's are half the price, and do the same job. :smile:

Sweeeeeeet, linky link please :smile: