Phishing warning 01/09/16 ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Getting Phishing attack warnings on phone and on PC this morning on this site ?

Just logging on - there was 7 members and 87 guests if that's related ?

Good luck.

Cheers.

Getting the same now - Google Chrome throwing big red screen advising not to visit this site. Site certificate has probably expired or something along those lines. Either that or it's possibly been blacklisted somewhere.

"Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on www.clio197.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards)."

Yeah this is also happening to me too, but only on Chrome, Internet Explorer is fine and so is Firefox.

Google Chrome had a major release to v53 late last night containing lots of security fixes.
My money is on something they've changed as I could get on the site fine yesterday, the issue only seems to have appeared after updating Chrome this morning.

Last edited:
Yea everytime I log on I get directed to myfilestore, then back and forward to 197.net and it works. Chrome wont let me on here either

Just had the same too in FireFox, reported it to google as a non malicious site too.

197SiteWarning_zpsik8n5zci.gif

197SiteWarning2_zps1zqbrjfn.gif
@Nik for info

Last edited:
Suspect its to do with the issues of the url redirecting to spam sites over past year or so.
It might be this although I personally think that it should have been fixed by now as the redirect exploits a vulnerability on the sites server, plus it has been well documented so I can't see any excuses for why it hasn't been given a high priority and been fixed.

I've had a problem with this site for a while, I used to click on the link but then be taken to some random garbage site. I had to back out then reload to get to the site. This morning I was also faced with the big scary looking red screen.

John

Cheers for the report guys.

Me and Jimmy don't deal with the website side of things, thats dealt with by the owners of the site. Wont re-tag beings as Montana has already tagged Nik into this thread.

Could be a few things:

- Someone has reported the site for a laugh

- A website on the same web server has been causing issues

- The forum is out of date and has a vulnerability - is it fully patched?

Could be a few things:

- Someone has reported the site for a laugh

- A website on the same web server has been causing issues

- The forum is out of date and has a vulnerability - is it fully patched?

There is a vulnerability on the sites server, which is being exploited hence the redirect. Hopefully it can be fixed soon

Getting the same now - Google Chrome throwing big red screen advising not to visit this site. Site certificate has probably expired or something along those lines. Either that or it's possibly been blacklisted somewhere.

"Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on www.clio197.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like unnecessarily spending large sums of money on your car, or installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards)."

Fixed :innocent:

It might be this although I personally think that it should have been fixed by now as the redirect exploits a vulnerability on the sites server, plus it has been well documented so I can't see any excuses for why it hasn't been given a high priority and been fixed.
Should have been, but wasnt when I came on a couple of weeks back. One bonus seems to be the red warning appears to have stopped the redirect! lol