Potential new RB200 owner with Akrapovic exhaust!

fezza555

Paid Member
So.. I have been a member of the forum for a while, been scouting for a Racing blue 200 with recaros for some time. Finally one popped up in a dealership in Sunderland (I am from North London, so a fair ol way) at the weekend so I put down a refundable deposit and I am hopefully collecting it this weekend if all goes well.

The car has an AKRO exhaust so as you can imagine I was bouncing off the walls with excitement lol. It is a "full fat" it doesn't have the cup pack but looks to be on H&R suspension. The video showed the previous owner was on the forum. The number plate is NG59 OWC and was P/X to a Honda dealer in Sunderland. Was looking to see if anybody knew/recognised the car or may know previous owners, would love to check out the project thread if there is one. It is racing blue with recaros, Akrapovic exhaust, black wheels, rear spoiler and lowered. Once I have some decent photos I will upload them.

Thanks for any help, Lewis

Last edited:
Good purchase Lewis, hope all goes well when you get up there and that you enjoy the hell out of the ride home.

That's quite a distance, you could work yourself out a route for the way home that will really put a smile on your face!

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Sounds very nice, hope it lives up to your expectations when you see it!
Don't worry about the 'full fat' thing, it doesn't really exist. It's a 200, basically - like mine. If it was a Cup it would be a 200 Cup, and the final version is a 200 with cup pack. I think it stems from the 182 days and even that still gets people tied up in knots!
Mine is a 200 and it has been lowered on Eibach springs, as has @sevenfourate 's and they still handle like a dream so you won't be disappointed :smiley:

Reactions: ///M
Great news Lewis, sounds like you're getting yourself a very nice 200! Akra is a brilliant exhaust to have on, as are the Recaro seats! Hope the pick-up goes well, it's bound to be a pretty special drive home - one of the perks of buying a long way from home!

Hiya Lewis.

Welcome to 200 ownership ! And the forum of course.

Racing Blue no less.....one of only 147 ever brought into the UK.

Enjoy :smile:

Reactions: Beany
Cheers guys thanks for the comments, yer I will use a scenic route for the way home which will be mental fun as opposed to just the A1(m) all the way. Very excited to see the racing blue in the flesh as I have never actually seen one before, it turns out my Fiesta Zetec S Mk6 annniversary (radian yellow) is way more common than racing blue 200.
SAM_1594.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy
Following the initial post I had sent an email to the dealer to confirm if it was the full Akro System, they then told me that it did not have it, I believe it must of had the tips but not the actual exhaust. Despite the set back I am still very much looking forward to heading up there to collect will most likely be midweek as they have informed me there has been a hold up and I can no longer collect it on the weekend. Maybe I can strike a deal due to them mis-advertising but we will have to wait and see.

Sounds very nice, hope it lives up to your expectations when you see it!
Don't worry about the 'full fat' thing, it doesn't really exist. It's a 200, basically - like mine. If it was a Cup it would be a 200 Cup, and the final version is a 200 with cup pack. I think it stems from the 182 days and even that still gets people tied up in knots!
Mine is a 200 and it has been lowered on Eibach springs, as has @sevenfourate 's and they still handle like a dream so you won't be disappointed :smiley:
Correct there is no such thing as Full Fat with 197/200s as there are too many options. As said the term comes from the 182 era.

Hope the car turns out to be what you want. RB is a fantastic colour just look at @sevenfourate pics. I have a RB 182 and after a detail it looks so fresh and not 11 years old. I would defo mention the lack of exhaust and try and get a couple of hundred off?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good news..always a bonus when your new car comes with an Akra exhaust..so great..hope all goes well for you