Powerflex Bushes

MarcB

Paid Member
Looking for some advice, help and info if possible.

I want to sort out the bushes on the F1 so had a quick look on the Powerlfex website but it seems there is a few choices.

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 18.06.53.png

Im looking for Items 1 , 2 , 3 & 23

New from looking at the power flex website and info guide this is whats listed

Item 1 - PFF60-801 (Black Bushes)

Item 2 - PFF60-802 (Purple Bushes)

Item 3 - PFF60-503-20 (20mm - Purple Bushes)
Item 3 - PFF60-803-20.5 (25mm - Purple Bushes)

Item 23 - PFF60-822 (Yellow Bushes)

Why is item one black bushes and not purple and am I running a 20mm or 25mm ARB at the front ?

I was advised by Jade Developments to avoid Powerflex bushes and replace the wishbone with OEM. I'd trust his opinion on suspension far more than most, and as he pointed out they ran OEM wishbones on the Cup Racer until the 2009 Evo spec arms came out - which were rose jointed.
The things he said about them were things I'd read on forums over the last decade also, so I just replaced the arms with OEM's.

If you do want them though, avoid the adjustable ones - terrible idea to have eccentric bushes.
You can get purple and blacks in all the positions (purple being 'road/track', black being 'race').
As for the ARB size - 197 is 20mm, 200 is 20.5mm.

@TB Rich

Thanks for the heads up but I want items 1 , 2 & 3 for the reason the ex owner of the car has had one side replaced with power flex purple bushes and the other side not. I would rather replace them all and then I know its done.
I want to change them more for the fact it means I dont need to worry about them again and as I say I'm just looking for standard purple bushes and not black bushes or adjustable ones.

Jesus! who would do that lol

Yeah personally on advice I've been given, I'd be replacing the powerflex side with oem - and if any concerns over the other side swap that out too.

But anyway Kam Racing is probably the best place to get them though, and they have purple and black on the site for all those locations.

Yeah personally on advice I've been given, I'd be replacing the powerflex side with oem - and if any concerns over the other side swap that out too..

Rich can you elaborate a bit more?

I am planning to buy bushes for the wishbones asap - they are off the car just now as I was doing a manifold change. Powerflex are £120 and the standard ones fitted are fine. Surely replacing the soft rubber bushes for new powerflex ones is a good thing?

Said they were a waste of time as no real upgrade over standard, wear out really quick, split and go loose - and so wear out the arms. Has had to replace a number of arms because of this. He runs tons of Cup Racers and Road Series cars, it's the road series that have been giving problems of course but they have to run them as it's in the regs/sponsorship - if up to him he would use stock arms on them.
Only real upgrade is racer arms, but they are very expensive. You could get the DNA rose joints - but again crazy money.

Tbh I've read of Powerflex being very hit and miss over the years, on road cars often the issue is drying up and then causing stiction - which is what I guess wears and splits them in time.
I had a full set on my Rallye, the squeaks irritated me but the car never stayed on the road long enough to judge longevity.
I was happy to fit OEM arms on the Clio though, despite not being an 'upgrade'. YMMV.

Said they were a waste of time as no real upgrade over standard, wear out really quick, split and go loose .

Ok cheers. I noticed you just bought new arms? How much were a pair.

Will need to give it some thought now. Search on google does come up with similar advice.

I think 172 each (from RPD) Renault manual also says replace the bolts each time , I bought new ones but I think I wouldn't bother again - nothing special about them from what I can see.
I did buy new nuts for stuff, as most of them are nyloc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions