Problems - update

1st problems,

They said they had serviced it before id picked it up which my mechanic mate and renault confermed there was no way they had!
Oils black
Rocker cover gasket leaking oil,
Driveshaft seal leaking oil,
Exhaust manifold blowing,
N/S/F track rod had exessive play and needed replacing,
N/S/R handbrake dosnt work
O/S/R handbrake binding
Drivers door handle is tempremental (sometimes wont lock and unlock)

They said they'd done all the work above. They had the car for 3 weeks. The thing what was holding them up was the drive shaft seal was still leaking oil after a 15-20 mile test drive, so they said they'd readjust it and it would be sorted! (Tuesday night)

(wednesday night)so i get into the car and go to drive off and noticed the steering wheel was half a turn out of allignment with the wheels. then noticed the ESP warning light was on and when i pressed the brake pedal to stop the ABS kicked in! he said leave it with us and we'll sort it, by this time my lift would have nearley got home.

he said it was just the tracking that was out, thats why the steering was out, i said id get my mechanic mate (Micky) to sort that out job done.....

So i went to my mechanic mates house after getting home, he went for a little drive, came back, and said there was NO WAY that the steering wheel was that far out because off the tracking, he said they've had the steering rack off and put it back on in the wrong notch and that it would have been dangerous for them to have put it right with the tracking.

He had a good look over the car,

Exhaust manifold has been done but is covered in exhaust putty (why would it have putty on if its been correctly welded)
They havent done the drivers door handle, still tempremental
The Rocker cover is still leaking oil,
The drive shaft is still leaking oil,
The N/S/F wheel still wobbles when on the ramps (they replaced the track rod end insted of the inner track rod)
Steering wheel half a turn out of allinment (Needs the steering rack taking off and adjusted on there)
ABS light on all the time, and ABS kicks in when breaking round corners
ESP warning light on the dashboard always on
Clicking felt through the steering wheel when turning (Possible steering UJ)
The Lambda sensor wire is trailing on the floor
Someone flashed me down to tell me my brake lights were always on
The car is filthy inside and out (£80 renault sport mats filthy)
stereo locked with code that i dont have

Spoke to the owner everyday in the time he had it, he assured me everyday that the work was been done.
when i bought the car the salesman said there was a spare key but the previous owner still had it and that it would be sent out to us straight away. This was when i bought the car 3 months ago!
I told the owner this when we took the car back and he said he would ring them on send them a letter but still not had a key!!

The pictures on the website of the garage arnt that of whats actually on his site. theres ferraris, porsces... that were on the website when i bought the car, they wernt there then and still arnt now yet there still on the website.

drove it again today and noticed a trail of fluid behind me when i parked up, im yet to find out what this is? its clear, too thick to be water, il have another look in a bit.

ive sent the garage a letter asking for a full refund with a detailed list of whats happned and also if they dont reply by friday next week legal action will be taken!

NIGHTMARE!!

it all started with a blowing exhaust, so i drove to milton keynes to but mikeys197 full milltek decat system. my mechanic mate went to fit it then we realised that it was the manifold that was blowing. He then checked the car over, found the 1st set of problems, i took it to my local renault, they confermed all the problems.
I then took it back to the garage i bought it and they said they would fix it all for free..... im gutted! ive wanted one of these since they came out and only just got the money to buy one.

and now u get a pooper. i feel for you mate. will it all be able to get fixed eventually?

Well the garage want it back to fix it, they had it for 3 weeks and it came back with worse problems and the original problems still there, they said it would only take a couple of days. They promised me every day when I rang them that it was going to be ready that evening, let down time and time again!
I'm just after my money back so I can buy another else where.

get shot mate it will never feel right now
you will allways waiting for it to go wrong
hope its not put you having a 197

Same with any car really, there are good and bad ones. If you look after the car, generally speaking it will look after you.

More than likely the previous owner gave it hell without getting things done to it as they went wrong and unfortunately you were on the receiving end.

Good luck getting it sorted though, and I'd definitely have a shop around for another one, they really are good cars if you can get yourself a good example.

ive only owned it 3 months, i loved it when i got it! now i just want shut!! im definately getting another. Im looking at getting one no older than a 57plate so its still got a bit of renault warrenty left to sort out any problems it may/may not have.

i spoke to consumer direct and they told me to write them a letter and sent it recorded delivery, if they wont give me a refund ive got to give consumer direct a ring to see what the next step is..... il know more on friday next week

Similar Thread Suggestions