Problems with Dealer

Little Update,

Manage to talk with the Dealer on the phone today. We agreed that the missing parts would be sent within 1 week so that I normally have them in 2 weeks.
Hope that this time everything works out flawlessly, as for my part I want to solve this in friendly and correct way. I try also to understand that person since
I am very comprehensive guy.

For my friends here on the forum, the last thing I wanted was to split people's opinions. Just had something in my throat that I had to spit out.

Glad it's resolved. I spoke with him on another matter and I know that this was on his radar. I take it [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] will be 'thanking' this reply?

I understand completely what you're saying, unfortunately with that logic we basically can't say anything about any subject. For example ive just posted on a question regarding strut braces. I could have said that I don't like them and they are wasting there money, which in turn could affect the business of a company that makes them. Where do you draw the line? Admitted I for one wouldn't enter a topic like this one, saying "don't use this company", but like I just said, where is the line drawn as moderators? We have opinions like any other members.

Personally, it's how you say it. If you've fitted the braces yourself, then you would say 'in my experience' but to comment on something you never fitted, I'm not sure that's the place of mods. I'm sure if you owned the strut company, I'm sure you'd want people of such influence only commenting on their own experiences of using the product or in this instance, this company.

Glad it's resolved. I spoke with him on another matter and I know that this was on his radar. I take it [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] will be 'thanking' this reply?

probably not

it shouldn't get to this bad publicity in the first place - this day and age with the internet and social media very quick to hear and learn about bad experiences and customer treatment

anyone can get a customer on board and take their money but keeping them and doing the right thing when/if it goes wrong is another

Like it or not, people can post reviews good and bad. Trip adviser for instance, one may love the hotel and another may slate it. Same as anything. I personally would be happier reading people's experiences first off then deciding on that what to do. It's not slander if it's true. AND the fact this Ste doesn't seem to want to respond to defend himself, says a lot more for me. I'm glad people express their concerns on here. Isn't that what it's about after all?

Wilson we do our best in terms of keeping all threads in a positive manner..i've met you and i know you are a great guy..and i also know that you were more than happy with stue's services..and thats great..there is a positive feedback for SC atomotive..
tbh with you i (any mods) would never agree with any negative or positive feedback if we had no clue what was going on..thats why we tend not to comment if we dont know the whole story..our job is to keep an eye on posts that would harm any member or a trader on here..
unfortunately,diff people will have diff experiences with diff services/products..
hope this helps

Like it or not, people can post reviews good and bad. Trip adviser for instance, one may love the hotel and another may slate it. Same as anything. I personally would be happier reading people's experiences first off then deciding on that what to do. It's not slander if it's true. AND the fact this Ste doesn't seem to want to respond to defend himself, says a lot more for me. I'm glad people express their concerns on here. Isn't that what it's about after all?

Alright lass. Welcome back. Good tanning?

*disclaimer* I'm not related, I've never had a beer with him, never been in his house, not his child's godparent, never went to school with him, not his business partner and we've never had a sexual relationship.....

Wilson, no offence intended my friend and this is a truly genuine statement but for someone who doesn't know a person that well you do seem to extensively defend him rather than simply offering a positive experience. We all know that your experience with Ste was great but the bad ones need to be heard as well, if Ste wants to present his side of things he can always come in here and put things right, he is a forum trader after all. It should never come to that IMO but as you said, people make mistakes and all that.

Forums consist of grown ups who can form their opinion according to reviews, for instance, you've never been to K-tec because of what you read/heard. You didn't have to have a bad experience with them that would make you stop going there...that applies to every other tuner.

For me personally it doesn't matter how selectively great Ste is at his job, the fact that he literally chopped Peter's car without Peter's permission when he was fiddling with the fuel pump seals the deal. If someone chopped my car without my permission I'd chop their heads off full-stop, therefore info like this steers me away from that person's workshop. Some people can decide to ignore bad reviews though and choose a company based on the positive ones. K-tec is one example and from what I hear Ste is another one as well as he is apparently fully busy! It seems that negative reviews haven't affected his workload after all which is a good thing. That doesn't mean that the bad workmanship examples should stay hidden though.

My 2p and again this is my own opinion and I'm not intending to offend anyone.

:smile:

At the end of the day, it's how you deal with things like Foxy said.

I work in a customer based environment and not by a long shot do things go right 365 days of the year. We all get things wrong from time to time, it's human nature. It's just how you deal with those problems that make you what you are. Over the several years I've been on this forum I've had a few issues with different traders, but I didn't think to plaster it all over the forum because even though they'd ****ed up, they put it right.

I just think at the end of the day, spouting off on a forum is just a release of pressure when your back is against the wall and you've no where to turn.

Said trader in question is undeniably shocking at answering the phone and emails so is it any wonder people get frustrated? But to talk to, he comes across as a genuinely nice guy. In my opinion, and I've said it all along, he just needs to deal with things better and then they won't get out of hand so much.