Protection

So with the winter months upon us what have you guys protected your pride and joy with? I have multiple layers of Swissvax Mirage on the paintwork and Swissvax Autobahn on the wheels. When washing I use Meguiars Hyper Wash as a foam and Poorboys shampoo (which are both PH neutral so no wax stripping) then mist with Swissvax Lotos Speed which also adds protection.

So far, nothing. Can't remember the last time I washed it, although the wheels are cleaned every week because of the immense amount of brake dust. I'll most likely just wash it with the NXT shampoo and put on 2/3 coats of HD wax.

Mines got a couple of coats of Dodo-Juice Supernatural Hybrid, and just about every wash i top it up with Sonax BSD quick detailer.

Winter......salt.....scared.....me.....? Bring it on !

Mines got a couple of coats of Dodo-Juice Supernatural Hybrid, and just about every wash i top it up with Sonax BSD quick detailer.

Winter......salt.....scared.....me.....? Bring it on !
I'm not a massive Detailer. Help me out here..

What is Dodo Juice super natural thingy. Is it a polish? Do u put it on straight after washing or after clay bar?

DDJ Supernatural is a Hybrid wax. Like a cross between a wax and a sealant. Not that it makes any difference really.

Basically you'd:

Wash - get rid of dirt.
De-contaminate - get rid of metal particles etc embedded in paint.
Clay-bar - will pick up paint overspray, tree-sap and any other unwanted rubbish.
Polish - preps and smooths the paint even further.
Wax / Sealer - protects the paint / gives the gloss.
Quick detailer every few weeks (?) - to further protect the investment in your paint finish !

Does that help ? !!! :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Yes mate it sure does!

I definitely 100% don't need any:tongueclosed:

Wash
Dry
Sonax gear you told everyone about:tonguewink:
If I'm feeling frisky a bit of Autoglym tyre stuff
Think my car looks great
God knows what you boys' cars look like!?

Do you need a bar to go with the mitt?

No just a lubricant.....some these days you can just use water (Not sure about this one pictured....)

Others you can make a spray bottle with water / car shampoo......or use a bottle of Quick Detailer as thats obviously very waxy.

Either way - its imperative you keep the panel wet and lubed. Otherwise you may / likely will marr the paint.

Do you need a bar to go with the mitt Pav?
No mate, the other side is used as the clay bar. I've got the same one, and i'll personally never go back to using a clay bar. You save so much time it's unreal. I usually use a bucket of shampoo as lube.

u9ebesy4.jpg

yeah thats it..as above..a clay bar-what is it??never heard of it :think:
i use car shampoo to lubricate the paintwork..works a treat

No mate, the other side is used as the clay bar. I've got the same one, and i'll personally never go back to using a clay bar. You save so much time it's unreal. I usually use a bucket of shampoo as lube.

u9ebesy4.jpg

better picture too mate..:thumb:
you can see the clay side bit..

Reactions: DS197
Might have a look at that clay mitt. The amount of times I've dropped a clay bar and had to bin it!

Might have a look at that clay mitt. The amount of times I've dropped a clay bar and had to bin it!
awesome stuff..it really is..in all fairness it is probably not as good as a clay bar but much,much easier to use..and you can use it over and over again..

Most of my cars get sealed with Finish Care High Temp Paste Wax, few coats of that as it layers and its good till march.