Pulled a blinder

harey

Winner - POTM November 2018
Hello,

I've just had delivered a set of H&R springs for the car from Amazon which cost me just £77.00. I looked everywhere and they were all around the £170-£180 mark and then a pair popped up on Amazon for £77 which would come from Germany. So I took a punt and here they are
43310036164_a3f4733245_c.jpgH&R Box by Jon Hare, on Flickr
43310035634_d9da043e5e_c.jpgSprings by Jon Hare, on Flickr
44028873911_55a5faf2fb_c.jpgAmazon H&R by Jon Hare, on Flickr

The cost of fitting has surprised me a little but looks like I got a bargain. There's also a courier label on the box from DF Automotive, Germany to Amazon Germany.

Yep all four. Just need to decide now what size spacers to get????
Why ruin the handling with spacers? You just a looks man?

I’ve just fitted hub spacers to the rear of my 200 as it keeps normal loadings on the bearings at the rear, but the front is designed to run a virtual pivot point around the centre of the wheel, by adding a 20mm spacer you throw that off by a good chunk and I’ve read more than one person has took spacers off as it ruined the front end of the car and handling... food for thought :wink:

I’ve just fitted hub spacers to the rear of my 200 as it keeps normal loadings on the bearings at the rear, but the front is designed to run a virtual pivot point around the centre of the wheel, by adding a 20mm spacer you throw that off by a good chunk and I’ve read more than one person has took spacers off as it ruined the front end of the car and handling... food for thought :wink:

i removed and sold mine long time ago..i felt like the handling went down the hill after fitting spacers but there are lots of people saying theres no difference,so its up to you to decide..

Reactions: Sean197
I have 21mm spacers i think they are from kam racing? PMS ones. Also running H&R springs and it sits great. Interesting to read about spacers ruining the handling though! May have to take them off and see how it drives without them

No i'd sooner go for function than form. I'd read that the rims look lost under the arches without and i'd seen a couple with spacers. I didn't realise they affected the handling sooo much. I'll wait and see what I think when I get it back

Reactions: Dumdum
No i'd sooner go for function than form. I'd read that the rims look lost under the arches without and i'd seen a couple with spacers. I didn't realise they affected the handling sooo much. I'll wait and see what I think when I get it back
Have a look at pure motorsport hub spacers for the rear, they just widen the track on an axle that’s less critical with the virtual steering axis our front hubs create that moves forth and back and around a point further out into the wheel than a normal strut/hub arrangement, works well and makes rear a bit more stable but I reckon easier to slide in control with lift off...

Id be tempted by 10mm stub axle spacers on the rear (also looks a bit more lost than the front) and 5mm front hub spacers. I read somewhere that the Cup Racers run this set up but might be wrong.

Reactions: harey and Dumdum

Just to echo this, I fitted 20mm spacers all round on my Clio 200 and I felt like the front end lost a great deal of it's sharpness, didn't feel as pointy and keen to change direction. It also followed cambers and tram-lined more. Looked fantastic but I purchased the Clio for how it goes.

Reactions: Bryanclio200
Definitely a good buy with the springs though! Thats just a shade more than I sold some second hand ones for!

Reactions: harey
Nice one Jon.

Had H&R's on my 197 when I bought it.

The silverstones will sit a little better in the arches. Set them done yet?

Nice one Jon.

Had H&R's on my 197 when I bought it.

The silverstones will sit a little better in the arches. Set them done yet?

Thanks, the rims are being powder coated this coming week and the springs fitted this week too. Just need to find some track tyres then....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark_L

Similar Thread Suggestions