Quick pad question **pics included**

there's a lovely smell coming from the pad/disk area of my car. Its going to the garage tomorrow but wanted to ask if this was normal before I get bum raped by the garage..

IMAG0260.png

the pad is tapered at the corner is this normal? You can also see that the disk looks to be worn where the pad is tapered hence asking :worried:

inner wear lip - usually normal on the brembos

the problem will most likely be the pads seized in the caliper making them stick in position and not release from the pads correctly

Thanks fox 8) I assume if I apply some copper grease that'll sort the problem? is it an MOT failure?

brake strip - clean/lube/refit

not a fail - might pick up an "advisory" (depends how keen the tester is) - will only fail if the efficiencies are low or out of balance on the brake tester

Loads of life left in those pads and yea taper is correct. Definitely clean up the pads/calipers and put some copper grease on the backs/sides of backing material.

Actually, looking at that photo again it looks like that pad has worn significantly more on the side nearest the ground? Like the pad isn't sitting straight in the calliper. If that's not an illusion and is actually the case then definitely need to clean those callipers up and possibly need some new pads