R27 track car build- engine refresh time.

IMG_1166.JPG Come across a tank of my fq320 that I am going to re bracket n re plum and give it a test get rid of that god awful plastic tank. Be better once aircon is removed.

Decided my tank is deffo sitting here

IMG_1248.JPG So then had a little pkay striped bumper off ready for a quick latch setup so can be on quick release and fitted brake cooling ducts. Air con rad was on its last legs so all pipes been removed rad removed. So will be looking into pump removal next.

IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1241.JPG IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1243.JPG
    IMG_1243.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 25
So getting on with the fab work I have started on the shell. First off was the foot plates for the roll cage. I know it's not very neat but the pass of each weld is about 10mm long so every little movement is noticed when doing these small little plates

IMG_1569.JPG IMG_1570.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1566.JPG

Rip #8 cup. Another batch coming from us.
IMG_1586.JPG

So returned to the interior got the last bits off that I needed wiring loom is out just really windows left to take out at some point and send all the steel around the pedals to be powder coated or zinc plated.
IMG_1549.JPG

Once that was done I popped it round to next doors unit got it up on the lift and removed the fuel tank.

IMG_1082.JPG

There are a few spot welds to weld up as some of these spot welds are a odd size, very large I can now continue with seat fitment and I can sink the tank in for the fuel cell and start getting stuff tigged in place.

so as a bit of an update. This weekend I really need to get my subframe off and manifold off as it needs converting to vband. Then I can get the centre section of the exhaust made. I will be making two sections. One straight through, one with a sports cat and 500mm silencer.

So this brings me on to silencer fabrication I have orderd end caps tube and bodies. I don't have the machinery to produce components myself but I will be putting them together, the system will run 3 silencers to keep the noise police happy.

Chases wise all I have got left to do is cut more brackets out and build a new box for fuel cell and paint. I'm happy with my seat mount kit and the weight it is there isn't really any other route I'd take safety and ease of figment. Hopefully I can have it in paint in oct.

Reactions: A1axx
Only just spotted this thread - fabrication looks superb.

I have the same cage going into my shell. What are you going to do with your rear suspension top mounts? I'm stuck atm. Have brand new KW V3's going on, but would like to have solid top mount if possible. Looks like you are putting your cage above the rear rubber top mount, or is that just temporary? Also watching with interest what you are doing with the dash bar.

Reactions: krash67
This is just temporary ATM I have some bushes drawn up on solidworks ATM I could go down the aluminium route or get them machines out of poly.

Reason I have neve chased this up is suspension is somthing I have not decided on. Im stuck between intrax who I use on my Evo work or going for full cup racer setups.

Ast are another option but I don't know what there customer service is like but intrax has always looked after me and currently serviceing my e9 sus so until I get round to that not sure yet but I'll let you know as I imagen I'll have somthing in the new year

Cheers for comments