Random ITG findings

Hey folks

Im a bit stumped whilst cleaning my car today id thought id check how the air filter was looking, I pulled it out only to find a itg panel filter:blush:hmy: Now this is completely random for me as by the look of my car when i had it the previous owner didnt know what a bucket and sponge was let alone a panel filter!!!!! These werent fitted as standard to some cars by anychance were the?y as im sure ive read in a few posts on here of people finding them fitted.

Also how would you go about cleaning it? Im assuming they are re usuable like most other foam filters as its looking a bit sorry for its self. Would one of the K&N filter cleaning kits work in Halfords or do i need a ITG specific one. Ive also got a air filter cleaning kit for my motocross bike in my garage dont suppose this stuff would work by anychance?

Thanks
Ben

Cheers mate Its a nice little find saved myself some cash now:clap:
The cleaning instructions look identical to that of my motocross foam filters so i'll just used the stuff ive got:w00t:

Nice find!

From anyone who installed an ITG filter after owning a standard 197, is the ITG worth the £50?

I should point out that my paper filter was probably quite new when I changed it over, so you wouldn't expect much difference.

damn i wish i had this luck . . . . . maybe they could have put me 1 in in dieppe :worried: F'ers lol

Can't say I felt any real difference to be honest... Maybe a tad more noise and a little crisper throttle response. But, it could all just be a placebo. All I know is the car feels great and I'd rather have a piece of foam then an old grotty piece of paper in the airbox any day of the week.

Plus, like Roy said, it sounds good when you say it and also the ITG stickerz iz well cool yo.

cheers for the honest replies, i was attracted to the prospect of it being quieter like the sticky on this forum says it is, i guess its just a better filter in general regardless of whether it increases performance or not, it def won't be one of my necessary mods anyway...

my hearts still set on first getting a new stereo & speakers, then somehow getting a height adjustable original drivers side recaro, even if i have to make one of you an offer you can't refuse!