Rattly exhaust

This is doing my head in the exhaust seems to rattle quite a lot on my clio. Is this a common fault (broken fixing brackets or something) or should i be looking at aftermarket exhausts? Obviously best thing to do is get it checked which i will do as soon as i get a couple minutes just wondered if theres a common fault is all.

This is doing my head in the exhaust seems to rattle quite a lot on my clio. Is this a common fault (broken fixing brackets or something) or should i be looking at aftermarket exhausts? Obviously best thing to do is get it checked which i will do as soon as i get a couple minutes just wondered if theres a common fault is all.
Flexis maybe

Thanks guys. Stupid question i know! I'll try get under the car and have a check for the easy fixes. Never crossed my mind about heat shields etc (im not in the least bit mechanical and literally know nothibg of how cars are built components etc just that the pedal on the righ is the fun one) thanks again

If you're under the car give both the cats a knock, the first one (closest to engine) is a part of the manifold, and I recently learned it's reasonably common for them to break up (mine has, time to get it removed/flexis sorted). It may make a rattling noise if it's become detached.

Reactions: Dan Stone