Really Peely Wheely :(

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
I'm just wondering how many or if anyone else has had this problem?

Attachments

• 66494_147609108616143_100001011642261_217254_6505624_n.jpg
    66494_147609108616143_100001011642261_217254_6505624_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 77
Thats shocking!

How old is the car?

I know it shouldn't really make a difference, but do you keep up to cleaning the alloys regularly?

Thats shocking!

How old is the car?

I know it shouldn't really make a difference, but do you keep up to cleaning the alloys regularly?

It's not even done 8k miles, registered in may.

I've cleaned (and wheels) it every weekend since I bought in in July.

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with Cars, I've owned two bikes (harley and a triumph) and never had problems like this or problems with the service that seems common with Renault garages.

Working 12 hours days I don't have much time to take it in during the week....

Last edited:
holy cow! i hope mine do go like that! what do you wash them with? have you sealed them using wheel sealant or anything?

3 out of 4 of mine are starting now too, unfortunately it's out of warranty so it's a job for after winter to get them coated.

I don't use anything acidic only normal car wash and not cheap stuff at that, I use a couple of wheel brushes to clean them so nothing harsh.

I'm taking it in as soon as possible, maybe saturday but we'll see.....

I kicked up merry hell about corrosion on my wheels, and after about 4 months, they did it under warranty (they agreed to do it the day that I went on renaultsport.co.uk and created about it lol!)

Both my front wheels have peeled quite badly and I can see 'bubbles' of water under the lacquer after a good wash! My car was registered in March 2007 and has done 34,000 gentle miles with wheels cleaned regularly. I complained to the supplying dealership last year and I was totally fobbed off. The standard Raider wheels are rubbish and I am on the verge of junking them and fitting anthracite Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s.... A powder coat costs almost as much money (I was quoted about £250 all in). Not good really - my wife traded in her 80,000 mile, 5-year old Mercedes A-Class last month (that she rarely washed!) and the wheels were mint. We expect and deserve better!!