Rear Reg Plate Bulbs

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

How do I change the reg plate bulbs? I removed the housing but couldn't work out how to get into the unit to swap the bulb.

Side note: Swapped the interior to LED, my god what a difference they make! can actually see the car when I press the light on the keycard rather than it being like a candle.

So you have removed the full unit/bulb holder from the bumper? I believe you can use a flat head screwdriver to prise open the plastic lens cover - there are little gaps. Do be careful though as the lens covers can be a bit brittle. Once off, the bulbs just slide out.

The LEDs do look so good in the interior, they definitely do make a big difference!

Actually, just realised you have a 200t and not a 197/200!!!! That advice as based on that, not the 200T!! Sorry about that!

Reactions: Big Ben
At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

How do I change the reg plate bulbs? I removed the housing but couldn't work out how to get into the unit to swap the bulb.

Side note: Swapped the interior to LED, my god what a difference they make! can actually see the car when I press the light on the keycard rather than it being like a candle.

Which bulbs did you use pal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got these from Amazon, are much better in the interior and I managed to do the reg plate and they are very bright! I used this main led one in the centre of the three interior and used a smaller 2 I had lying around for the reading lights

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180826-160542_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20180826-160542_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 18