Rear Windows Tints % Advice/Help

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I'm having the three rear windows tinted on my 197 on Saturday and I was wondering of anyone knew what percentage of light or whatever it is, the optional darked rear glass is on the 197?

I want my rear windows to look something similar to what was fitted as an option from new. If I'd have had the car from new I would have specced it, but I bought it used.

Thanks in advanced everyone! :thumbup1:

Current UK law (2006) states that rear side windows and the backwindow can be tinted as required. Tinting of the windscreen must allow at least 75% light transmission. This is 70% in the case of the front side windows.

At present it is not checked at the MOT.
EXTERNAL LINK

For official guidance please check the information at VOSA, the government agency dealing with these aspects.

Ye, thanks for that Roy, but it's only the rear windows I'm getting done and I don't want them blacked out. Just want them to be smoked, preferable slightly darker than the ones Renault fitted as an optional extra to the 197 when new. I'm not having the front 3 windows touched at all, especailly not the windscreen!

So I just want to know what the percentage of light the Renault rear windows allow. It can't be a low percentage, I'd imagine it to be like 70% or something.

Basically, I want them darker, but not like driving a van! Or a limo! Or a drug dealer's car! Or an ambulance! Or a anything other than my car with slightly darker rear windows! Lol!

Like this 197 Lux model

Clio197Lux.jpg

Or this Albi blue (don't know who's car it is!)

197withtints.jpg