Rear Wiper

Morning guys,

Starting to change a few things on my 197 and now it's time to put a rear wiper back on. The previous owner removed this and put a rubber grommet on. I admit it looks better but starting to get pi$$ed off with the lack of visibilty if it rains or it's dirty!

Now, i removed the rear panel and the wiper motor isnt there. I have found a used one on eBay for £30 but how exactly does it fit back on and what seal do i need?

Tried searching on here and Googld but couldnt really find anything

Cheers

Iain

From memory of removing mine a few months ago the seal is part of the motor and sits on the spindle. I'm sure a Renault dealer can get you a part number for it. The motor affixes to 3 floating rivets which have rubber bushes in, sitting in a triangle shape on the bootlid. I removed mine because although it worked, the wiper arm was broken as the insert rusts which seems to be a common problem.

think it will be a right pain in the ass to fit back..when i removed mine i broke some of the plastic bits..good luck anyway :thumb:

Cheers guys. I like a challenge.

I did contact Paul at RPD a couple of times but never seem to get an answer. :think: