Recaro seat bolsters

Hi, does anyone know of a way to protect the recaro seat bolsters, mine are really good and I want to keep them that way, I have seen some with Duck tape on some and I am unsure if its for protection or to cover a whole. I suppose a decent seat cover would work, but what do you do ?

I've thought about something like this as it's a waste having such good seats then putting a plastic cover on them. The foam is the key when it goes the hard edge will soon wear through the fabric like the knees of jeans.
upload_2018-3-6_22-10-8.png

My mum left the clear plastic wrapping on a light shade, which went yellow, for years. It looked horrible. She did it to keep the light shade looking good. Eventually she took the wrapping off and a month or so later change the shade for something new as she was bored of the old one. Sometimes it's better to enjoy what you have rather than trying to keep it "for best" and never have the benefit.

I feel the same but the covers are £300 - £400 each part and the material for 197's can't be got and if damaged can make a good car look bad very quickly along with the value and only if it was as the picture above hardly noticeable on the seat base door edge and a close fabric match would be the only thing I would entertain.

Just be more careful getting in surely. Hold the steering wheel and lift your arse over the bolster. Easy.

I have lowered the height of the seats recaro 4 cm and I have noticed much easier to enter without touching

seat cover when using them generally and when going anywhere "special" took them off also as said be careful getting in/out the plastic & foam soon wear through as the plastic edge is so thin it acts like a knife & cuts through the foam (i did put some extra foam on the sides/top to pad it out a bit)

Last edited:
Capital Seating/Auto-trim will repair a worn bolster for around £90.

When I get my outer drivers seat base bolster sorted this summer I'll also invest in some of the covers I think from Capital Seating while I'm there.

Then again, it only looks mildly worn at the moment and thats 6 years from new.
So if a repair lasts 4 years or so without looking bad it will probably see out our ownership of this car

If you look up Recaro Max on FB he is selling replacements fairly cheaply.

I lever myself in by gripping the B pillar and pressing against it lowering myself in without rubbing the bolster. Ive said for ages if the seat went lower it wouldnt be as much of an issue.

Similar Thread Suggestions