Remove airbag.

I got a new steering wheel for the 197 and was wondering if anyone had a diagram on how to remove the airbag?

Cheers j

No diagram but i wrestled mine for an hour before i got it off.

Theres a small dimple on the underside of the wheel, pierce through the plastic there and use a long, thin screwdriver ( or other similar tool ) to feel for the hook and you have to try and push it out and backwards whilst pulling the airbag with the other hand.

I'd advise disconnecting the battery and waiting 10-15 mins before playing with the airbag, unless u fancy a potential broken nose lol.

No diagram but i wrestled mine for an hour before i got it off.

Theres a small dimple on the underside of the wheel, pierce through the plastic there and use a long, thin screwdriver ( or other similar tool ) to feel for the hook and you have to try and push it out and backwards whilst pulling the airbag with the other hand.

I'd advise disconnecting the battery and waiting 10-15 mins before playing with the airbag, unless u fancy a potential broken nose lol.

Sounds tricky lol, I know you have to disconnect the battery but wasn't sure how the airbag was held on, Does the airbag just clip back on?