Renault Fitted Blue Tooth

Guys and Gals,

I've ordered this on the basis that it was the same as one demonstrated on a meg250 in the showroom....had USB on the centre console, slightly different head unit and buttons on the steering wheel...dealer confirmed that the Clio upgrade was very similar....dealer is telling me now that I will get blue tooth but this is fitted in the dealers.....I'm a bit worried I will end up with a Parott type device.....anyone got the Renault Blue Tooth option fitted that can confirm what it is like and if it was fitted in Dieppe or their dealers.....any pics....sorry but I've lost trust in my dealer this time around!!

I've got a Renault fitted Bluetooth kit in my 197, you can't see it, only the mic. It operates through the steering controls and is actually quite good! It's probably got more to do with the fact the unit is manufactured by Parrot rather than anything Renault do! Lol! See my Thread on here if you come to any problems with it, as the instruction booklet is a bit pants! That's if it's the same one of corse! I think the unit is a plug and play kind of thing, just the mic cable needs routing to by the sun visor, although I haven't had a look behind the head unit to confirm this yet.

We've got a parrot standalone bluetooth kit(yet to be fitted) and from what I have read there is an interface you can buy so it will integrate with the factory controls and head unit.I believe that the optional bluetooth is a dealer fitted parrot unit designed specifically for renault to integrate with oem controls wether it has a display unit or not I couldn't say.

...cheers guys...the unit I looked at in the meg was definately built in....don't want to have the clutter of a stand alon parot on the dash, so your comments are re-assuring!

Original Equipment Manufactured. I believe anyway. You can have parts such as the Brembo brakes that are made by Brembo, but because they were fitted standard they are OEM. Ye the Parrot plug in bluetooth i've got is controlled entirely by the steering controls. Works well, but is literally for phone calls only. It doesn't display messages, but I think when you've got near 200 horse power at your right foot, the last thing you want is to be concentrating on a text! If it's no good i'd just tell them you're not happy and want it changing or your money back anyway. Do you mind me asking how much they charged you for it? I bought my car second hand and it was already fitted so I don't know.

Yeah I've got the factory integrated USB/Bluetooth on my 200 - definately fully integrated and not a Parrot type system. Works really well plus gives voice control (which I've not yet played with and only found about 4 months into ownership...).

Yeah I've got the factory integrated USB/Bluetooth on my 200 - definately fully integrated and not a Parrot type system. Works really well plus gives voice control (which I've not yet played with and only found about 4 months into ownership...).

...do you know if the dealer fitted this...sounds like what I am expecting to get!?

Original Equipment Manufactured. I believe anyway. You can have parts such as the Brembo brakes that are made by Brembo, but because they were fitted standard they are OEM. Ye the Parrot plug in bluetooth i've got is controlled entirely by the steering controls. Works well, but is literally for phone calls only. It doesn't display messages, but I think when you've got near 200 horse power at your right foot, the last thing you want is to be concentrating on a text! If it's no good i'd just tell them you're not happy and want it changing or your money back anyway. Do you mind me asking how much they charged you for it? I bought my car second hand and it was already fitted so I don't know.

...I used this to break the deal...they wouldn't drop to £17500 from £17999 so I agreed to meet half way effectively as the system is priced at about £250.....

Ive got the built in system too, and it is very good.

Controls are a bit fiddly though for going through the settings, but its the only system ive ever had that has properly downloaded the phone book correctly.

Also as mentioned the voice control is good, especially when your phone doesnt have it to start with.

Only thing i dont like about it is the strange way it seems to work with my phone (iPhone 3G) it seems to auto answer and then put the caller on mute pretty much straight away. So even if you dont want to answer they will still think you have picked up.

Checkd the settings in both the car and the phone but cant find anyway to stop it doing so?

When mine rings it puts the caller on call waiting and says that I am driving and will pick up when it is safe or something like that! I thought it was quite clever, but can be a bit annoying because I imagine some people would think that the call hasn't gone though properly.

i agree with rich, i have the standard bluetooth in my 200 too and it is brilliant, nothing visible and is all stalk/voice controlled.

When mine rings it puts the caller on call waiting and says that I am driving and will pick up when it is safe or something like that!

Does it?

Thats cool! I never knew that and wondered what people were on about when they heard some "robot noises" when i was slow at answering...

Not bad mate. Has the 197 one got voice dialling, cause I didn't know if it does!

no i think voice dialing is a bit to advanced for the froggies lol

whats the sound quality like on renaults bluetooth?

Pretty damn good TBH, try not to hoof the car during a call though as the exhaust hums down it :smiley:

Not bad mate. Has the 197 one got voice dialling, cause I didn't know if it does!

no i think voice dialing is a bit to advanced for the froggies lol

The 200 has... its actually added the functionality to my 3G as a result lol! Only thing i dont like is the voice dial button is in a typically French and stupid position. My last car had them mounted on the steering wheel which made it a breeze.