Renaultsport National meet pics..why do all the clios look exactly the same???

Maybe its hard to make something thats perfect any better...:whatever: but after looking at the pics of Renaultsport Nationals day....it looked like the forecourt of a Renault dealership!! Nearly all the clio's (and others) looked exactly the same....even the ones that were different had the same differences (if you get my drift) cup spoiler, front chin spoiler....
No different wheels, no engine conversions, different paints or wraps...different styling or carbon. Now I know it wasn't a 'Max power meet' but come one at least something different??

I must admit, if I parked mine there, I would have struggled to find it....amongst the other LY Clios...

Is the Renaultsport scene quite that limited (some might say boring) or is it more about go than show?

Last edited:
Its a fairly new car mate, most are still in warrenty, most people dont want to modify them. It also costs ££££££!

lol come on mike....the clio's 4 years old now and I know you've looked on other forums, people are moddin' things from brand new...

Foxspeed I love the r26r wheels but I bet your the only one with them....

Jase...yours was a ground breaker\trendsetter but like most on here, these cars aren't around for long......I'm not sayin' there haven't been superb cars, just very, very limited, a handful which have now been put back to standard and people have moved on.....Yours would still have been the outstanding car and how long ago since you built it...

Last edited:
lol come on mike....the clio's 4 years old now and I know your looked on other forums, people are moddin' things from brand new...

Foxspeed I love the r26r wheels but I bet your the only one with them....

i hope i am :tongueout:roud:

Yeah i suppose, think the clio mk3 is a bit limited. But thats what excites me with it. Most of the people on here that have put some £££'s into it werent at the show, mine included. Still good to see, little things like side skirts make a huge difference. There was a nimbus there with a full kit that looked amazing compared to some without anything. Nicest one there imo.

Id say the RS scene is def more go than show.

Yeah i suppose, think the clio mk3 is a bit limited. But thats what excites me with it. Most of the people on here that have put some £££'s into it werent at the show, mine included. Still good to see, little things like side skirts make a huge difference. There was a nimbus there with a full kit that looked amazing compared to some without anything. Nicest one there imo.

Id say the RS scene is def more go than show.

Agreed...the clio is such a great base car. I also agree that its nice being involved in an emerging scene. Seems though that many 'hit a wall' because the options are so limited, part their clio out, put back to standard and move on....shame

Last edited:
its not like theres much you can do externally. Dont think ive ever seen (or even looked for) after market bodykits. If i had the spare cash id like to get a wrap for something like that, just to stand out a bit.

We could always paint our wheels silly colours and cover them in stickers like the 172/182 era?

Parts for these cars are in another league cost wise., My 106gti was cheap as hell to modify compared to the clio. Plus with it being 4 months old and coming from a car that gave me nothing but trouble, warrenty is way too precious for me anyways

It might have something to do with the "Max Power" being over. Most people now put money into making their car go faster than making it look better.

I also think your restricted to what you can buy for the Clios, costs are also very high. For example my OZ wheels were £900 and my exhaust £1000. Its not even like you can see them either. The OZ wheels go on for trackdays (Think they look strange on the car at its current ride height) and the exaust is hidden away so 98% of the time its just a normal Clio.

£1900 on any other car would almost transform it.

Coming from years in the jap scene owning a Clio now is a bit frustrating! There is so little out there to do and in my opinion the products out there are massively over priced for what they are. It kind of makes you feel like you'll improve On some minor visual aspects of the car, use it for 3 years max and then move on. I would love to spend a fortune on it and am currently doing that but it's a very limited scene and not enough companies developing products for it. I truly believe these cars will be the end of an era and there isn't anything like the Clio for the same money. I wanted something new and that was as capable as my 96 spec jdm teg and I believe I've almost got that minus a trick differential!

Noddie £1000 on the exhaust is mad! Granted it is by far the best on the shelf system out there for the Clio at the mo but were you not tempted to go to a reputable custom fabricator and have them make you a fully mandrel bent sytem including equal length stainless manifold for that kind of money?! I know I would be!

to be honest the shape of the body with the front wings and rear arches why would you want to spoil it