Roof Lining Removal??

Not impressed - had some icy snow fall 90ft onto the roof of the car last night, and its left 4/5 flat spots in the roof just above where the passenger sits :chair:

I guess in some respects that i'm lucky and it wasnt the whole of the roof!

Anyway, phoned my dent man, and he's not worked on a Clio III, question being, is the roof lining easy to come out? On the earlier cars it was bonded in apparently, anyone got any advice?

You can see the flat spots on the pic below :001_unsure:

Attachments

• 03122010170.jpg
    03122010170.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 92
Thats some bad luck mate, I've had a few dents took out by these guys and i find in certain ways you can see where the dent has been,

Good luck tho,

That just sucks :worried: , if no one knows I'll dig my haynes out of the garage and see if it has anything regarding the interior in it.

Why don't you try calling streamline carbon? They must have a good idea as they'd have had to remove it when they did their carbon roof.

The workshop manual that I think you get for becoming a gold/platinum member tells you how to do it.

It seems to list a few different methods, but from what I can tell you need to turn off airbag computer with diagnostics tool and unplug battery, remove a pillar trims, remove sun visors, remove rear view mirror, remove grab handles

But, it looks like you might also need to remove b pillar trim, rear parcel shelf wing trim, rear roof drip moulding trim (Not sure what this is?), c-pillar upper trim, middle rear seatbelt magnet, clips on the edge of headlining by rear window

So, there's a lot to remove! No mention of it being bonded though. Also, if you have a sunroof then there's obviously a few more bits to remove

The workshop manual that I think you get for becoming a gold/platinum member tells you how to do it.

It seems to list a few different methods, but from what I can tell you need to turn off airbag computer with diagnostics tool and unplug battery, remove a pillar trims, remove sun visors, remove rear view mirror, remove grab handles

But, it looks like you might also need to remove b pillar trim, rear parcel shelf wing trim, rear roof drip moulding trim (Not sure what this is?), c-pillar upper trim, middle rear seatbelt magnet, clips on the edge of headlining by rear window

So, there's a lot to remove! No mention of it being bonded though. Also, if you have a sunroof then there's obviously a few more bits to remove

Blimey! That is alot! :eek:

Might just see if he can do it by dropping the front down alittle instead :thumbup1:

Thanks for the info - not happy at all, draws my eye everytime i look at the car :swear:

Might be lucky and be able to get to it by removing the passenger grab handle, these are easy to remove. Prise out the two bungs with a screwdriver and then it just pulls off, takes 2 minutes

Sounds good, going to have a look see when the weater warms up alittle :smile:

Got some mudflaps and they arent going on either until then :thumbup1:

As said, grab handle is easy to remove, also look at removing the outer sunvisor mount, door rubber (just from base of A pillar to top of b pillar) and the A pillar trim, this should give reasonable access. All of those should be very easy, I'm not sure how hard it is to remove the B pillar trim as I haven't had to do it.

As an aside, be very careful when removing any plastic trim in cold weather as the plastic will become more brittle and more likely to break. Renault's habit of trying to 5h4ft you for trim parts is unlikely to have changed.

And if you do attempt the a-piller be aware that there is an airbag behind it, you don't want to set it off or damage it

Good point re: cold weather and plastic clips!

Going to give it a couple of weeks and hopefully the weather will come up a few dregrees, far too cold atm :smile: