Ross LY 200

late to the party Ross..sorry..since i've seen her in the flesh i can confirm that she is a looker :sunglasses:
glad your manifold troubles are sorted..any more plans this year??

Reactions: RossWoods93
late to the party Ross..sorry..since i've seen her in the flesh i can confirm that she is a looker :sunglasses:
glad your manifold troubles are sorted..any more plans this year??

I’ve been toying with the idea of sourcing some Recaro’s (yellow dot), but then the finances of it bring me back down to earth!

I like the standard seats, I think they ‘hold you in’ just right, it’s only on some longer journeys 2/3hrs+ I have to start fiddling with the lumbar support as my lower back aches! But you look at the Recaro’s and they look cool! It adds another element of sportiness to the package! The whole idea of toying around with resistors and stuff would be tricky but I’m sure I can find some help on that front!

But finances are a tad tight after the big belt service and a trip to Florida next month!

I’ve been toying with the idea of sourcing some Recaro’s (yellow dot), but then the finances of it bring me back down to earth!

I like the standard seats, I think they ‘hold you in’ just right, it’s only on some longer journeys 2/3hrs+ I have to start fiddling with the lumbar support as my lower back aches! But you look at the Recaro’s and they look cool! It adds another element of sportiness to the package! The whole idea of toying around with resistors and stuff would be tricky but I’m sure I can find some help on that front!

But finances are a tad tight after the big belt service and a trip to Florida next month!
I have the same problem after long periods of driving my lower back starts to feel very uncomfortable.. I’m sure most with recaro’s can confirm whether they’re better or worse ?!

Even so I’d prefer to have a stiff back in Recaro’s :wink:

It’d be good to get some feedback on if there is a benefit in comfort/assisting aches and pains with Recaro’s over standard!

Reactions: Beany
I love my Recaros, but they don't suit everyone. My wife can't abide them for more than an hour as they are uncomfortable on her hips. She's no thunder-thighs either at size 12. As said the standard seats do hold you quite well. Personally I am glad I have Recaros & they'll always be seen as a desirable option, but maybe you should try & get a longish run in a Recaro equipped car before swapping.

I love my Recaros, but they don't suit everyone. My wife can't abide them for more than an hour as they are uncomfortable on her hips. She's no thunder-thighs either at size 12. As said the standard seats do hold you quite well. Personally I am glad I have Recaros & they'll always be seen as a desirable option, but maybe you should try & get a longish run in a Recaro equipped car before swapping.

I’m guessing it takes a bit of time getting used to climbing out the car, as opposed to just slipping out! And I’d probably be OCD on making sure I’m not sliding against the bolsters because of the wear?

I felt fresh as a daisy in Recaro's, but I am a bit of a strange shape.
+1 on the gf not liking LY, so fair play to you Ross!
I think you'd be surprised on how you'd feel at a track day, it's unnerving as hell the first time but you realise how much fun it is and how everyone (usually) respects each other. You'd be fine :wink:

I felt fresh as a daisy in Recaro's, but I am a bit of a strange shape.
+1 on the gf not liking LY, so fair play to you Ross!
I think you'd be surprised on how you'd feel at a track day, it's unnerving as hell the first time but you realise how much fun it is and how everyone (usually) respects each other. You'd be fine :wink:

I’m fairly short, but as long as my feet reach the pedals that’s the main thing!
I did look at doing a novice trackday at Snetterton, whereby everyone on track is a complete beginner just to find my feet! But I saw that they basically cone the racing line out etc it seems a bit OTT! I remember seeing a TVR smash into the tyre wall at Snetterton on a track day, I’ll never forget the look on the drivers face! Looked like he’d lost everything he had to live for!

I’m fairly short, but as long as my feet reach the pedals that’s the main thing!
I did look at doing a novice trackday at Snetterton, whereby everyone on track is a complete beginner just to find my feet! But I saw that they basically cone the racing line out etc it seems a bit OTT! I remember seeing a TVR smash into the tyre wall at Snetterton on a track day, I’ll never forget the look on the drivers face! Looked like he’d lost everything he had to live for!
I've done a few of these novice days. Definitely a good way to do your 1st few track days. Not too many cars on track. Cones are just a guide to braking point, apex & exit. Tend to be set up for the bikes that are sessioned on these days, so only a rough guide.

Reactions: RossWoods93
I've done a few of these novice days. Definitely a good way to do your 1st few track days. Not too many cars on track. Cones are just a guide to braking point, apex & exit. Tend to be set up for the bikes that are sessioned on these days, so only a rough guide.

A novice day is what I’d probably go for to begin with, the only track knowledge I have is whizzing around in a go-kart, so braking points etc would be handy! It’s certainly something I’ve considered, so who’s to say I won’t be on a track in the future!

Same here then.. been looking to get a decent pair for ages..dont really want to spend another hard earned pennies on repairs..they look great in a car though..was lucky enough to be in a few cars with recaros and they are ace...

Ross, come down to Snetterton when @jamesgw200 sorts out a forum track day and go round as passenger in a load of clios. Guarantee you’ll be gagging to have a go!
I was nervous as hell first time out (admittedly crap brakes and budget rears!) and still get a few butterflies before it all starts but you soon get in the groove:thumb:

Ross, come down to Snetterton when @jamesgw200 sorts out a forum track day and go round as passenger in a load of clios. Guarantee you’ll be gagging to have a go!
I was nervous as hell first time out (admittedly crap brakes and budget rears!) and still get a few butterflies before it all starts but you soon get in the groove:thumb:

Don’t you worry Ben I’ll be there! See what all this turbo hypes about :wink: can imagine yours and James will be laying the power down all the way up the long straight!

Reactions: Big Ben
Well I don't believe it......................A PROGRESS THREAD! Wasn't ignoring your tag, just been super busy with work recently...

First of all you're welcome about the wheels man, glad I could help a bit, even if the weather threatened to scupper that one!:coldsweat:

Recaros make such a difference. You're right about getting used to them, quite enjoying the fact I picked a pair up with upper bolster wear on the driver's seat, it's already damaged so I can learn the best way to get in them without worrying about an initial tear! They come up cheap-ish very rarely on Facebook...£500 and my seats in return was a deal too good to turn down. Passenger seat material is pretty mint too so may swap them round in the future..

What a difference they've made in my opinion on long journeys...the 2 hours I was in the car on the way down to swap seats was full of squirming around to get comfy as I'm sure you've experienced Ross! As for the return trip, I was comfortable and felt planted in the seat all the way, not achy or anything when I got home. Well worth the investment for sure!

I'm down for Snetterton. If you don't want to take yours out, you're more than welcome to pilot mine for a few laps, you'll love it mate. I was bricking it at Bedford along with @Micah and by the time I'd finished my third lap I was grinning. When it dried up in the afternoon it was even better!! Spa is not coming soon enough for me....

Flexis or a replacement manifold is next on the maintenance list for me, very close to blowing on one flexi....

Well I don't believe it......................A PROGRESS THREAD! Wasn't ignoring your tag, just been super busy with work recently...

First of all you're welcome about the wheels man, glad I could help a bit, even if the weather threatened to scupper that one!:coldsweat:

Recaros make such a difference. You're right about getting used to them, quite enjoying the fact I picked a pair up with upper bolster wear on the driver's seat, it's already damaged so I can learn the best way to get in them without worrying about an initial tear! They come up cheap-ish very rarely on Facebook...£500 and my seats in return was a deal too good to turn down. Passenger seat material is pretty mint too so may swap them round in the future..

What a difference they've made in my opinion on long journeys...the 2 hours I was in the car on the way down to swap seats was full of squirming around to get comfy as I'm sure you've experienced Ross! As for the return trip, I was comfortable and felt planted in the seat all the way, not achy or anything when I got home. Well worth the investment for sure!

I'm down for Snetterton. If you don't want to take yours out, you're more than welcome to pilot mine for a few laps, you'll love it mate. I was bricking it at Bedford along with @Micah and by the time I'd finished my third lap I was grinning. When it dried up in the afternoon it was even better!! Spa is not coming soon enough for me....

Flexis or a replacement manifold is next on the maintenance list for me, very close to blowing on one flexi....

Good summary on the Recaro’s Ben, ideally I’d want to to keep the standard seats (meaning bigger £££) but if I plan on keeping it in the long run then the I’ll keep the original parts as well!

You’ll soon know if the other flexi goes, I certainly did! But not the end of the world if they do go!

Excited to see all the pictures / footage from Spa, it’ll be a blast! Super jealous still!

Reactions: Benno
Holy Smokes ! About time the 'Golden Bullet' had its own thread..... :sunglasses:

Hmmmmmm........and the deviance away from standard has begun i see. I agree with Black wheels on LY as above. Do it properly and get some Speedlines if you do though. Look immense on your car Ross.

And you're now gonna Track it as well ? Not sure if i've ever seen such a change of heart in one 'single' post.

Good on you pal ! If that floats your boat - do it......

Reactions: JMR and RossWoods93
I agree with Black wheels on LY as above. Do it properly and get some Speedlines if you do though. Look immense on your car Ross.

Speedlines look great in black, but I had mint standard 200 wheels and got them stripped and powder coated gloss black with a hard wearing crystal lacquer top coat for £300.

I was happy to use the standard wheels, and really pleased with how they turned out and how they look.