RS Monitor

Well the display matches the 200 display i really wouldnt be suprised if it was a case of enabling some software on the ecu like a hidden feature.

The cost is only £100 or something stupid more than the stereo upgrade so i recon if you already have the 200 and stereo upgrade it may simply be a case of enabling it....only specualting though.

Yeah £120 difference in price between the stereo upgrade and the monitor pack, would be interesting to know as I didnt spec this/realise it was only £120 extra.

The relevant sensors on the engine won't be fitted to the earlier models, not to mention steering wheel controls to use such a system.

The relevant sensors on the engine won't be fitted to the earlier models, not to mention steering wheel controls to use such a system.

yea i dont think it would be easy to spec to a 197 but may be possible on a 200 with the bluetooth / stereo, Alot of the info displayed on the monitor is available through the ECU anyway.

The official word from Renault is that it cannot be retro-fitted.

Not sure how much truth there is in that, anything is possible depending on your budget/patience!

You need someone on the 'inside' in Renault to be able to order all the required parts, then it's just a matter of putting the jigsaw together yourself, or paying someone to do it. Can't imagine it being cheap though!

The monitor just takes in data from the ecu, probably the obd2 port which is a standard diagnostic port on all modern cars. The ecu knows the throttle position, the oil temp, water temp, ignition advance, injector duty, and much more... so the monitor pack could be a whole lot more geek than it is.

I used to run a obd2 to Bluetooth cable in my old Nissan, which alloweed me to see all this on my moviles or laptop when driving.

OBD2 doesn't output oil temp or pressure, but the standard ECU may still use this data; with the right codes you could probably access it using a scangauge or similar.

The only useful data the monitor provides is oil temp anyway from what I've seen. I.e. bhp and torque can only be based in injector and rpm data, then there's a direct tps value (throttle position). The g-meter must be build onto the device... but then just about all mobiles have this ability now!

I've spec'ed it on my car, but its nothing more than a toy in my book.

Rich

Similar Thread Suggestions