RST supercharger

Looks great! Although does anybody know if the pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body would fit behind 197 Xenon units as there isn't much space there.

Anything will fit with determination/slight modification :wink: lol i changed my lights on my 200 from reflectors to projectors and were both exactly the same size/fitment.

Reactions: DS197
Anything will fit with determination/slight modification :wink: lol i changed my lights on my 200 from reflectors to projectors and were both exactly the same size/fitment.
That's a very valid point! :smile:

Theres a vid of this on the rollers now at RST but nothing worth watching as it wasnt a power run.

question is who else wants one at 5k?

Theres a vid of this on the rollers now at RST but nothing worth watching as it wasnt a power run.

question is who else wants one at 5k?
I'm sure the conversion is top notch but £5000 is too much imo. There was/is a turbo conversion for the standard engine, bumping power up to 250/225 available for £4000, and that price also included a camshaft swap. But then tuning an N/A engine by means of cams/exhaust or turbo/supercharger is never a cheap game.

Reactions: R32pete
Very true.

Ive put he money to one side for this but i want to see if anyone else is going to too i do think its expensive but the charger is 1400 on its own some places sell it for 1800. The bracket is 400 i imagine intercooler is around 350 at a guess, quality recirc valve 100+ so lets say the total of parts is 3k if it includes the tune which would cost you at least 500 still leaves 1500 profit perhaps 4250 would be an achievable price i would like to think.

Group buy anyone? lol

I'll have to keep an eye out on this. Definitely interested in knowing a final cost for it. I'd be very tempted with this over going Turbo or even a full N/A build. Seems to be a lot less hassle for sure.

Great to see RST which is such a reputable company is going to be releasing such a package for our cars.

However people need to remember that it's not the peak power our cars lack of but the low/mid range torque. If the SC does not rectify this then it won't be £5k well spent (even though the price is reasonable).

Reactions: ad-p and ///M
Great to see RST which is such a reputable company is going to be releasing such a package for our cars.

However people need to remember that it's not the peak power our cars lack of but the low/mid range torque. If the SC does not rectify this then it won't be £5k well spent (even though the price is reasonable).

Exactly, its how about how they drive. Ive had turbo cars and I prefer the NA feel. No point spending £5k on something that has power still when it comes on cam.

Exactly, its how about how they drive. Ive had turbo cars and I prefer the NA feel. No point spending £5k on something that has power still when it comes on cam.
I'd have to disagree there slightly. Sticking with the n/a feel but having 300 instead of 200bhp when it comes on cam is surely a massive benefit?

You may as well bolt on a massive turbo if you want no improvement for mid range. The beauty of a S/C is hopefully a decent improvement across the rev range as well as an improvement in the latter part of the rev range. Being new to these Clio's I dont know if with some clever mapping with a S/C is possible to eliminate the mid range lull.

In essence the car drives like n/a but just quicker throughout the range

Being used fast diesels I miss the massive torque you get from them and I don't feel the clio has any massive gain low down, just a general overall improvement with the same characteristics of the Clio engine. The mapping on mine has taken out flat spots and it revs very evenly (and quickly) through the band in every gear....

If any of you are at knockhill, I know that rules out most people, I am more than happy to take you out in the car to feel it. Same applies if I ever make down south

Having looked at power graphs for a decently mapped 200 with just the basics Vs the s/c Vs a meg conv it's pretty clear as a road car the meg is going to pull the s/c pants down. On a track there's going to be not alot in it.

The problem with the s/c is you have a high compression engine with increased parasitic loss from the charger. From the graph I looked at that is private there's nothing to be had untill 3700 over the stock in fact it's almost identical but obviously different dynos blah blah blah.

The charger keeps the character of the Clio engine where as the meg clearly changes it alot so it's purely personal preference.

Having looked at power graphs for a decently mapped 200 with just the basics Vs the s/c Vs a meg conv it's pretty clear as a road car the meg is going to pull the s/c pants down. On a track there's going to be not alot in it.

The problem with the s/c is you have a high compression engine with increased parasitic loss from the charger. From the graph I looked at that is private there's nothing to be had untill 3700 over the stock in fact it's almost identical but obviously different dynos blah blah blah.

The charger keeps the character of the Clio engine where as the meg clearly changes it alot so it's purely personal preference.

This is the exact reason I'd buy this kit over the easier F4RT swap. It still feels like a Clio.

In the long term, I'd be interested in this. Following closely.