Rusty front sub frame!!!

Yes that's true but a straight flat plate can do that job the big problem I have is that it's part of the crumple zone in an accident and for it to rust and weaken the way it does and at that speed my car had a new one 3 years ago and the rust is there already at it's behind plastic bumper covers Renault should be pulled and forced to do something at the minimum have a better painted part to replace it with.

I like your optimism but i sadly dont think that will happen, we the customer will have to fork out as usual just like more or less any company, its never there fault but one way or another our fault and thats the simple answer from these companies.

Do you think it's worth powder coating or painting a replacement before fitting it?

I said say so but am no expert, so good paint with plenty of lacquer enamel gloss, i swear theres a product, something like that to protect it. Will be probably giving mine the treatment sooner or later, another thing to do. but i bet some body experts on here will know the best thing for it.

Reactions: DS197
I said say so but am no expert, so good paint with plenty of lacquer enamel gloss, i swear theres a product, something like that to protect it. Will be probably giving mine the treatment sooner or later, another thing to do. but i bet some body experts on here will know the best thing for it.

Funnily enough I had asked my mechanic the same question as the radiator support was flagged up during the MOT and wouldn't pass next years test. He said not to bother powder coating it as it should last another 10 years but after reading that another members has started rusting after 3, I may just paint it myself once the new one is fitted. Even as a once a year thing it isn't too time consuming considering the amount of regular attention the rest of the car needs.

Reactions: ZaShark
Funnily enough I had asked my mechanic the same question as the radiator support was flagged up during the MOT and wouldn't pass next years test. He said not to bother powder coating it as it should last another 10 years but after reading that another members has started rusting after 3, I may just paint it myself once the new one is fitted. Even as a once a year thing it isn't too time consuming considering the amount of regular attention the rest of the car needs.

I will do the same to mine once i get the brute off lol, have to assess if its worth saving or replace it and then give it some rust protection on top have you heard of something called kurust? recently found it some where i might get the rad support off and give it a good clean and scrub then soak it in that as when it sets, its suppose to turn black and then paint on top of it. But ill have a good look on mine when i get the time to get the support off. Please keep us updated with your solutions to fixing it.

Reactions: DS197