SeanTheSheep's Deep Black 200

Your car looks great, I've just bought a black FF cup. Going to look at painting the blade red and the Renault wheel centres too. Looks the nuts. Well done mate!

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Your car looks great, I've just bought a black FF cup. Going to look at painting the blade red and the Renault wheel centres too. Looks the nuts. Well done mate!
nice when they are well looked after..enjoy btw :thumb:

Thanks mate.
I have spent a fair bit of money, time & effort over the past few months trying to get her looking as factory fresh as possible.
You'll have to get some pics up of yours so we can all have a look see :wink:

Last edited:
Small update

Car was at the garage today for an mot and the only advisory was that the front tyres are worn close to the legal limit, I knew this before hand I'm just getting every last penny out of them :wink:

She's booked in next week for more substantial work which will be the end of crunching in 4th!

Finally got around to having my gear box swapped out with a donor box at the end of last month :smile:
She's silky smooth now and shifts like it should, fingers crossed I never have to experience the 3rd & 4th crunch again!

Had plans to have the front cross member grinded back, repainted and wax oiled while the box was being done but turned out it wasn't just surface rust as first thought and was infact shot to shit with corrosion to the point where it was beyond repair.

IMG_0818.JPG

Rust had eaten through the metal all the way along the front cross member :worried:

Ended up having to order a new one from Renault which added another few hundred quid on to an all ready expensive bill £££. Fun times!

While the car was sat around already stripped down for another day waiting for the cross member to turn up thought I'd take the opportunity to have new wheel bearings sorted on the front end as I have bit of a parts horde going on in the garage.

So all in it went like this.....

Old box swapped out with donor box.
Clutch/slave kit.
Redline MTL fluid.
Wheel bearings. (front end)
Front cross member of sub frame.

All to the tune of just shy of a four figure bill.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 14
many penies spent...im sure you will see a difference now..god job on the box swap..
hope all is ok now...
All good now thanks Pav

Hopefully it stays that way for a long time to come

Big bill Sean. Should make the world of difference driving it now though!
Happy motoring
It sure as shit was Ben!

Money well spent tho, it's nice being able to shift properly again and not having to pussy foot around 4th :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Sean, it's a tough one when shit hits the fan like this but I think you're dead right, its money well spent. The car will love you back for it. Big old list there mate. Must feel loads better too.

If you can hold out, definitely go for the coilovers. Infinitely better. But if you want a stop gap, the Eibachs were brilliant for me, handled really well and were really comfortable on the road too.

Lastest purchase :smile:

View attachment 124605

Got them waiting in the wings along with a few other items from my parts horde

View attachment 124606

Question is now do I need new springs or not??

I cant decide....................................thinking eibach maybe, someone help
I currently run grams lowering springs. Drop is perfect and they handle very well on track. If you’re not going out on track I’d say springs

Small update

Car was at the garage today for an mot and the only advisory was that the front tyres are worn close to the legal limit, I knew this before hand I'm just getting every last penny out of them :wink:

I think every last penny was had on that dual carriageway!!! Treat yourself then we can get another run arranged.

I think every last penny was had on that dual carriageway!!! Treat yourself then we can get another run arranged.
Very true mate, that was way to close for comfort!

After this lot has gone on and I make my mind up on springs deffo game for another blast

If you can hold out, definitely go for the coilovers. Infinitely better. But if you want a stop gap, the Eibachs were brilliant for me, handled really well and were really comfortable on the road too.
Would very much like to go down the coilover route but as it stands funds won't allow it, I'll probably go for eibach springs as a short term fix and then revisit collies in the future