Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I'll happily take the Speedlines off your hands if you get something else and decide to keep them on permanently..:thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Do the sensible thing and buy another set of wheels and use them as summer/ track day wheels and keep the speedlines with more durable rubber on such as ps4s or good years.

Ha ! That’s awesome bud. Thanks.

Colour of the Blue; and the Orange I’d like are spot on :smile:

A Gulf Porka I came across on Google was what originally had me thinking ages and ages ago. Just never got around to it.

Meant to go to the powdercoaters a few times last week to offer an orange coloured wheel or two up - but never quite made it. Will do it this week for sure.
Jeepers! I HAVE to go red now! That Porker looks amazing! Always been a fan of Gulf livery too.

Mock up services available if you want mate.

Sorry @///M - completely missed this somehow buddy. I would LOVE some Orange Speedlines added - if it isn't too much trouble and when you have time.

Don't know if any of these would give you a decent enough base to start with ?

**And the shade of the Porka wheels on post 2379 or a tad darker would be perfect if possible !

36688445065_ac30a0c038_b.jpg

36298053652_d144f72f62_b.jpg

36517913755_b6429f5678_b.jpg

Reactions: R11HOY
I'll get the paint out and the kettle on. When you coming round :sunglasses:

It would look insane!!

On a completely different topic, how easy was it to fit your window seals? My task for tomorrow along with a clean and clay bar and £100 of bulbs to fit..

It would look insane!!

On a completely different topic, how easy was it to fit your window seals? My task for tomorrow along with a clean and clay bar and £100 of bulbs to fit..

Main seals or the exterior horizontal strips ?

Horizontal outer strips can be done without removing anything much. Just need to go slow and be careful as they are quite delicate and mis-shape easily. Never to be returned to their original shape ! Literally a careful 10 min job a side with cleaning up underneath after removal of the old ones etc which just pull off. They were approx £25 a side for reference.

The main seals i did by lowering the windows fully, removing the old exterior side-strips and undoing and removing the mirrors so the trim piece inside and outside was out of my way. Then the seals can be peeled / prised off and the new ones fitted. Not too much of a ball-ache all-in-all. I reckon 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour a side going slowly, cleaning up underneath and taking your time. They were £100 a side if you're thinking about it.

Have fun tomorrow !

Sorry @///M - completely missed this somehow buddy. I would LOVE some Orange Speedlines added - if it isn't too much trouble and when you have time.

Don't know if any of these would give you a decent enough base to start with ?

**And the shade of the Porka wheels on post 2379 or a tad darker would be perfect if possible !

View attachment 115546

View attachment 115547

View attachment 115548

Shuv, give me a nudge in the morning via PM please or I’ll forget!

That last shot... OMG mate it looks good. Doing the black bits was an inspired decision. Pulls the front together with the rest of the car. Really like it mate.

Car looks great mate and 199.8bhp / 158.4lb-ft is very impressive! I doubt mine's above 185, will put it on rollers soon.

Thankyou.

I saw your RB early today I think - looks GREAT too in track mode :smile:

Hoping to see a mock-up of mine with Orange Speedlines soon. I know my good friend Mes who was doing it has been under the weather this week...

Then depending on my middle son passing his driving test / insurance etc - deciding whether or likely what daily I / we get....

Have fun !

Reactions: wattson
if you clean yours as often as Syer,it will make more than 185 bhp :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Did someone say 'cleaning' ? :sunglasses:

I'm going to do a bit less 'cleaning' this winter - in an effort to try to look after the paintwork a bit more. To save washing in ingrained dirt i mean. Especially after my fairly recent 25 hour exterior polish.

Because IMO however careful you are, however contactless you try to make it; it's what happens even on a macro level every time you wash. So i'm hoping the numerous layers of sealant / wax and QD do their job. And i can rest easy on the setee of a cold Sunday....

So after a 3 weekend hiatus....i got back to giving the exterior some love and attention.

6.30am: pitch black outside and off the alarm goes. Get the pressure washer etc out and ready , and rounded up some supplies:

37428406320_2e7d8b07af_b.jpg

An hour spent cleaning the wheels good and proper, quick hit with Bilberry afterwards to get rid of any remaining spots and straight onto snow-foaming: Just over 1/3 litre mixed with warm water: seriously impressed with this stuff so far. Contactless cleaning power is excellent and it sticks like shit to a blanket; really dragging nearly everything in its path off.....

And after soaking the whole car:

37637432816_8f92aed5e6_b.jpg

Fast-forward; and after a quick 7 hours on the exterior (Inside was done last night which saved me some time today :tearsofjoy:) : here we go.......

23836401018_98a032c6fc_b.jpg

37657292552_88223d1dc8_b.jpg

37431756780_e9c49abf89_b.jpg

37657289162_0c39458edb_b.jpg

37431754810_ba5d8d0aa7_b.jpg

37018922863_55ba9bb7db_b.jpg

37657283422_6de1697703_b.jpg

37018921293_9f004a6e04_b.jpg

Just aswell i'm ALWAYS on my game and never knowingly under-cleaned hey @Benno996.

I dont know. Give a few boys a sponge and suddenly they all become detailers and start calling people out..... :sunglasses: :hearteyes: :tonguewink:

Have a great weekend in the sunshine chaps........

That is superb as ever Shuv!

And I am so so jealous of your sprayer for the snow foam! My hand pump is ten times the effort and I still don't get the coverage :worried:

Looking awesome Shuv :hearteyes:

Recaros really set the car off, even when you've got standard Recaros like me, the leather ones look the business :sunglasses:

Loving the black wheels.

Have you done anything to your door handles?
As you've read, I've only had my car a week and the silver handles are a little bit tarnished

Looking awesome Shuv :hearteyes:

Recaros really set the car off, even when you've got standard Recaros like me, the leather ones look the business :sunglasses:

Loving the black wheels.

Have you done anything to your door handles?
As you've read, I've only had my car a week and the silver handles are a little bit tarnished

Hiya Bud.

Wheels were p/coated in gloss by me when i got it. Stood up extremely well so far touch-wood with barely a scratch on them ! "Think" i'm about to go Orange this week though. I wont know unless i do it ! Are yours Grey / Anthracite and you're thinking of going black ?

Luckily my car was only on 30k when i got it and handles were excellent. And havn't gone at all in my ownership. So i'm happy not to touch them until they do.

However - if and when they do: Some people pull the handle out - tuck something in behind to keep the gap that then appears between handle and paintwork (Plaster the side of the car in paper) and spray in situ, some swap for new [Often black a-la 'Cups'] handles........which i gather is a little bit of a ball-ache.

And i'm also told you can swap the handles over. So if the wear is high on the visible surface - switching them around will get that out of view.

I'm sure a decent place could easily vinyl wrap them too. So plenty of options depending on how brave you're feeling :smirk:

Reactions: JMR