Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

i've got the same smearing issue with 'soft99 luxury gloss spray wax'. especially on the hood. even applying the product not on the car directly, but on a microfibre cloth. never thought about using a sponge applicator. maybe try that next time. i've read somewhere that using a waffle microfiber cloth helps, in stead of a longer haired one.

i finally found a dutch retailer who sells 'bouncer's done and duster QD'. going to try that tomorrow (together with carpro's perl).

Reactions: sevenfourate
So its a replacement for a wax/sealant, but spray on? Forgive the confusion!

The whole QD / wax / sealant thing is now so intertwined - it’s hard to know where one stops and another starts !

Basically - I think this is a pretty hardy / long lasting gloss enhancing ‘product’. The glass / silicone / nano technology is what should make it..,

Goes on and needs applying a bit like H2GO to be honest.

Really looking forward to seeing the beading on this one. The gloss seems to be ‘unreal’....

Reactions: Chris
Marvelous results as always my friend.

Must be so nice to open that garage door and see your pride and joy after a period away. Especially in the condition yours is in!

Marvelous results as always my friend.

Must be so nice to open that garage door and see your pride and joy after a period away. Especially in the condition yours is in!

Will be 10 days since i'll have been in her Monday. Will she even start we ask....... :flushed:

Reactions: Jimmy
That’s a fair amount of time Shuv. Did you get a runaround for you and your boy?

I really wanted to have bought something this month Ben. But to make sure i have plenty in reserve in the normal savings with having a family, and being able to afford a cooker etc etc if it all goes tits-up....i'm going to do next month now i hope. Hope as in finding the right car mainly. He's only had 15 lessons - so no great rush; apart from really wanting to garage mine now.

182 doesnt look like it's coming off as a joint car. Might have to do this and then get another myself. If we (The wife i mean) don't go crazy-crazy in New York at Christmas it's still possible i might have enough left-over from that fund for the track-car.

Looks like the boy will be getting a 1.0 Corsa. Group insurance 1 and the cheapest we can find for the year is £1600. You can imagine a 182 !

Reactions: Big Ben
Car looks fantastic mate :smile: it's so clean, I've finally done in the house and time to show my cars a bit of love, the Clio is minging at the moment, hasn't seen a product in a month! Not like me at all, big service coming up, all belts, pumps etc and the rear calipers look like they might be having a hissy fit so I'm going to referb them myself! Going to spray them all yellow too when they are off as I like a blue and yellow combo

Car looks fantastic mate :smile: it's so clean, I've finally done in the house and time to show my cars a bit of love, the Clio is minging at the moment, hasn't seen a product in a month! Not like me at all, big service coming up, all belts, pumps etc and the rear calipers look like they might be having a hissy fit so I'm going to referb them myself! Going to spray them all yellow too when they are off as I like a blue and yellow combo

We need pics of your handy-work on the house. Seriously :sunglasses:

Cheers for comments on the car. It’s looking so good: in the last hour I’ve found a ‘daily’ I’m going to look at tomorrow to save mine any more winter misery....

Wow ! Big plans and a fairly big bill for you my friend. After spending money on the house - I suspect a mere belt change etc and a brake refurb will feel like chump-change.

Have you got a progress thread ? Great time to start one (Before all this work) if not.

Now. Seriously. House pics :smile:

Not quite how i'd planned it in an ideal World, but en-route to getting a 182 everyday / Track-car for myself - because of not being able to sensibly ensure my son on a 182 - i've instead sorted him out first and got him a set of wheels today. He hasn't passed his test yet; so this gets to be my daily for the foreseeable god help it. Meaning the Clio gets retired for the winter :sunglasses:

Only a cheapie; but car, tax and insurance accounted for 2 big ones right quick today......

37853692852_297908fc7c_b.jpg

37884942561_7bab9eee2d_b.jpg

24032435478_61f595947c_b.jpg

Plenty of space here for a Meg conversion....or about 5 Superchargers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

37884942931_06202ba437_b.jpg

Roll on some snow, Halfords car-park and a decent hand-brake..............

Cute engine! I think the one of my washing machine is bigger and presumably has more oooomph. :smilingimp:

One a more serious note. I guess that's a good decision and enough for a starter actually.

2 large and you got tax and insurance???
I’d say you’ve done alright:thumb:

Have you shown him the seats yet:grinning:

A little over, but yea; i reckon we done alright. Cars pretty darned good for an old-un too.

Yea - he's seen the seats. He didn't find them half as amusing as you and Chris obviously do...... :tearsofjoy: :grinning:

A little over, but yea; i reckon we done alright. Cars pretty darned good for an old-un too.

Yea - he's seen the seats. He didn't find them half as amusing as you and Chris obviously do...... :tearsofjoy: :grinning:
Trying to convince the missus that this is what we need for our boy.
She wants some sort of armoured hummer in case he bumps into anything:chair:

Driving me nuts...!

One doesn't looks in the mouth of a gifted horse or how ever that saying goes.

Trying to convince the missus that this is what we need for our boy.
She wants some sort of armoured hummer in case he bumps into anything:chair:

Driving me nuts...!

Get him one of these decommissioned Scimitar AFVs or the like. From what I know they're road legal over there?