Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Westfield! Track car, won't you miss your detailing? Is it a change of theme in your petrol head life?

For Sunday road blats Jon would be the intention. And as something ‘simple’ I could actually strip / Work on / tinker with myself. I wouldn’t mind completing someone’s half built project if I could come across at least a semi-built rolling chassis I could wheel outside the garage. Been in my mind months as previously detailed (No pun intended) right here. Getting to the point I need to do it or get over it. I’ve now got two friends with one and they both say I’ll hate it long term. But there’s only one way I’m going to know....

I’d then also get a 182 as a road legal track car to use with my boy. He’s 10 times keener than me to be fair and I’d like to scratch his itch..and spend time with him of course.

Reactions: Beany and Johnny 99
I’ll be honest bud, that car has been waxed once in a year! I snowfoam, wash, dry and use a menzerna quick detailer! The whole process, approx 2/2.5 hours, as I’m not using the car day in day out it’s not really ever getting dirty so the qd is all I ever need, looks like I’ve spent days on it but I havnt, the qd really only lasts about one wash then you hit it a spray again! Whole car in about 30 if you taking your time.

I’m only looking to try the zymol waxes as I’ve heard their the biz!

So you think of selling again? Go for it, you have talked about the Westfield before!

Another night owl

Interesting !

Last year I religiously QD’d after pretty much every wash too. If only to provide further protection to the underlying sealant / wax. Presuming your washing on a dry day; not to spend the little extra time to do it seems silly.

That’s an amazing finish on yours whatever bud. Incredible actually. Maybe I owe it to myself to try your tried and trusted QD.

Not really about selling ‘again’. I’ve just been fighting myself over do I or don’t I and that’s never left me. However on the whole I do think I’m done with the Clio as much as I love owning it - even if I’m not 1000% sure what’s next.

I often....kind of tongue in cheek....tell some of my crew at work to man the fuck up when the going gets tough. Need to adhere to my own words of wisdom perhaps.

Reactions: Cossers
For Sunday road blats Jon would be the intention. And as something ‘simple’ I could actually strip / Work on / tinker with myself. I wouldn’t mind completing someone’s half built project if I could come across at least a semi-built rolling chassis I could wheel outside the garage. Been in my mind months as previously detailed (No pun intended) right here. Getting to the point I need to do it or get over it. I’ve now got two friends with one and they both say I’ll hate it long term. But there’s only one way I’m going to know....

I’d then also get a 182 as a road legal track car to use with my boy. He’s 10 times keener than me to be fair and I’d like to scratch his itch..and spend time with him of course.
I do get this. I've had a Caterham itch since the '80s when my work regularly took me past their old premises in Caterham. I'd see the cars lined up outside & think "One day". I doubt my itch will get scratched though.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I can't help but feel sad thinking of your car going to someone and it getting a significantly less amount of care. I really do think it's very special given all of the customisation it's had. BUT! nothing lasts forever, and I can appreciate that you can't help but want to keep tinkering, so the cycle must continue on the next project. More to get into with a track car with bits and pieces plus a bit of butchering, and then the 'something for the weekend, sir' car will undoubtedly fill that void for B road blasts.
Still, with the amount of travelling you'll be doing now, hopefully the Clio is safe for the time being :wink:

Yep, that’s the one, just a great little product for easy on and off! But I will warn you, I don’t think it will give you a better finish/shine that you have, you really have an incredible finish on that car already! The metallic in mine really helps how well it looks too!

My wife has a white car, no matter what I use it never pops like my metallic cars but it still looks fantastic for a non metallic car and believe me yours looks fantastic!

Btw again wasn’t a dig, just turn if phrase :smile:

I’ll give you some insight as to why I buy cars, I have a van now for work so I don’t need a daily, I’ve always had a couple of cars and bikes about me at the same time up until about 4 years back! Mot’s, tax, insurance, servicing and general running pissed me off so I sold the lot and was aiming for just one car to replace them!

Porsche or Aston etc, then decided to do the house up so cash needed for that, not as much budget for a car now so bought a new j gtc vxr Astra in carbon black, being a bit ocd like yourself about keeping a car well, the thoughts of driving a new car in the winter bugged me so I started looking for a winter car, that’s when I came across the r27! Wanted something clean, different and cheap, the r27 ticked every box but wasn’t exactly cheap though but had to have it!

I’ve run it through the winter, by this I mean it’s been drove in all sorts of weather but as it not a daily I’m able to clean it and leave it in the garage with the Astra for weeks at times when not using it!

I could never only have a car like the Westfield as I like a really nice Weekend car more (ie one for all the family/ you and the wife) My wife has an astra gtc (lol yes I like them) it’s ok for her daily but would bug the shit out of me as a Weekend day out car, that’s where the vxr comes in, the only reason the r27 came about was the winter driving thing!

I’ll prob always have two cars of my own (one for winter and one for summer) but if I only had to have one, it would have to be a nice weekend car.

I’ve knew a few guys with westfields, loved them, tracked them and sold them, always a third car though!

Hope that ramble all makes sense

Ps next year possibly I’ll have all work done on the house and I’ll possibly be selling one of my cars for something else, the question for me is which one! Keep the vxr and use it in the winter (as that’s what It will become) or sell it and keep the Clio (as I really like it too!) and you think you have problems! Lol

Last edited:
Yep, that’s the one, just a great little product for easy on and off! But I will warn you, I don’t think it will give you a better finish/shine that you have, you really have an incredible finish on that car already! The metallic in mine really helps how well it looks too!

My wife has a white car, no matter what I use it never pops like my metallic cars but it still looks fantastic for a non metallic car and believe me yours looks fantastic!

Btw again wasn’t a dig, just turn if phrase :smile:

I’ll give you some insight as to why I buy cars, I have a van now for work so I don’t need a daily, I’ve always had a couple of cars and bikes about me at the same time up until about 4 years back! Mot’s, tax, insurance, servicing and general running pissed me off so I sold the lot and was aiming for just one car to replace them!

Porsche or Aston etc, then decided to do the house up so cash needed for that, not as much budget for a car now so bought a new j gtc vxr Astra in carbon black, being a bit ocd like yourself about keeping a car well, the thoughts of driving a new car in the winter bugged me so I started looking for a winter car, that’s when I came across the r27! Wanted something clean, different and cheap, the r27 ticked every box but wasn’t exactly cheap though but had to have it!

I’ve run it through the winter, by this I mean it’s been drove in all sorts of weather but as it not a daily I’m able to clean it and leave it in the garage with the Astra for weeks at times when not using it!

I could never only have a car like the Westfield as I like a really nice Weekend car more (ie one for all the family/ you and the wife) My wife has an astra gtc (lol yes I like them) it’s ok for her daily but would bug the shit out of me as a Weekend day out car, that’s where the vxr comes in, the only reason the r27 came about was the winter driving thing!

I’ll prob always have two cars of my own (one for winter and one for summer) but if I only had to have one, it would have to be a nice weekend car.

I’ve knew a few guys with westfields, loved them, tracked them and sold them, always a third car though!

Hope that ramble all makes sense

Ps next year possibly I’ll have all work done on the house and I’ll possibly be selling one of my cars for something else, the question for me is which one! Keep the vxr and use it in the winter (as that’s what It will become) or sell it and keep the Clio (as I really like it too!) and you think you have problems! Lol

Ha ha - nice 3rd World 'problem' to have :tonguewink:

My eldest boy has an Megane that's often here, the wife has her own / family car and my youngest the Corsa i bought him. If i do get a road-legal 182 and a Westfield / Caterham etc.....that's 5 we'll have to hand. I think i'll be fine with that :sunglasses: I do hear you though bud of course. Amd understand why a kit-car may not be liveable with. That's the currents scheme of the month and as stupid as it might be i see no way to find out other than putting my wallet where my 'dreams' are.......

Talking of 'shine'. This:

40469840914_db1c4d9e08_b.jpg
....is the dogs bollox. I'm mega impressed. Only one layer so far (Over a base layer of DodoJuice Supernatural Hybrid Sealant) that had 1/2 day+ to cure; and it might just be the best finish i've ever had. Still peeing down here as predicted; and i can't wait to see it in the sunlight. My phone always makes the RB look darker and it's obviously not in natural light. But here's a taster:

Reactions: Cossers
That’s mental clean! Lol, I hear you about the Westfield, honestly just go for it, that’s was the same with me and the tvr! Just had to see what it was like, had it 2 years in all, mental car tbh! But still glad I ticked that box!

So many cars so little money/time!

Ps how does that bh double speed go on and come off? I’m not a fan of effort btw! :smile:

I'm sure there's better wax out there; but for anyone who wants to stick a middle finger up at; and 'cheat the system' by getting a great product for fish and chips money........^^^

The Auto Express 2018 Best Wax test results were revealed today too funnily enough. Second year running at the top of the pile for BiltHammer Double Speed Wax: And the review clearly ends by saying:

"Ease of use was rated, and the value-for-money calculation took into account the fact that pastes go further than liquids, plus extras such as cloths. Still, it was water beading on the bonnet over seven wet and freezing winter weeks that was the main factor".

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/63776/best-car-wax-and-car-polish

Just for interesting interest for those interested :sunglasses:

7 months tucked away and it gets to see the light of day...... :dizzy:

Speedlines freshly powder-coated gloss black with plenty of lacquer: **Note best use of Work Canteen :tearsofjoy:

28032124888_7235ae6207_b.jpg

2 coats of FK1000P heat-proof wax applied:

41184717954_5e6efbb75e_b.jpg

Finito !

41184717394_b6c1f9413c_b.jpg

A little work on the brakes to get thing's tip-top and ship-shape inc new fluid, strip /clean and lube, new pins + springs and rear return springs from a Megane fitted:

27033183877_b94daf986d_b.jpg

MOT passed with no advisories yet again:

27033182547_2d334773fd_b.jpg

30 hours spent on the paintwork over Easter, and a final wash and finish up in the glorious weather this morning.......

27033183127_49d384f89c_b.jpg

27033184577_94df4be003_b.jpg

28032123088_6854ac2b35_b.jpg

27033184927_726acc1fe4_b.jpg

Next on the agenda is some paintwork on Wednesday that i've always wanted to do - to get it 110%.

Now it's nearly looking as good as this we've been making for a chitty chitty bang bang production at work the last two weeks :grinning:

27033185817_27cee0d213_b.jpg

27033186357_9d8cb0883b_b.jpg

27033186757_d56c270750_b.jpg

Have a great Bank Hol weekend chaps.......

Has a C3RS and buys a C2GT for trackdays. Excuse me but that doesn't computes. It's for your son, right? :wink:

For me and mainly my (Very novice driving) son who only passed his test very recently; to do a few Track / Off-road experience days in.

It came up for sale last night with 51'000 miles, Lady owner, 9 service stamps, recent Cambelt change / service etc and a price i couldn't ignore. It's also passed the last 11 MOT's in a row with zero advisory faults [Pic is a representation not the actual car i've bought]. My reg is: AU54 PNV....and all GT's will be of this era having only been built for 2 years in 2003 and 2004. Our car is number 1965.

I didn't want anything to extreme / powerful for him and stripped / sorted out this will be enough to have some fun on at Airfield days, Santa Pod, Sprint days at Bedford and anything else without long straights !

Should be a good little car... you looked at any twingo 133
As they’re similar in size, 1.6l but you know a Renault chassis will be top notch :smile:

As above Beany. Been around the houses in my head the last month. Eventually had to do something - so this is it ! I had a C2 Loeb (VTS) so know well what these cars are about. And a lad at work has a Twingo 133. So i know those too. For what i've paid and for the fun i'm expecting out of it - it's all good cheers.

Last edited:
Yes, seems to be a good buy and it doesn't even looks bad...for a Citroen. :sunglasses:

Nah, I'm joking. Looks great with the wheels and the racy bonnet. Since I'm comming from the other side of PSA I know they build or at least did built nice cars. I mean some are still nice but that new DS brand for example...pffff. :laughing:

Yes, seems to be a good buy and it doesn't even looks bad...for a Citroen. :sunglasses:

Nah, I'm joking. Looks great with the wheels and the racy bonnet. Since I'm comming from the other side of PSA I know they build or at least did built nice cars. I mean some are still nice but that new DS brand for example...pffff. :laughing:

LMAO at the tongue in cheek compliment ! It is what it is.

The GT will end up bought, taxed and insured for less than £1k. Looks don't even come into it :tearsofjoy: You either do cheap fun. Or you don't.....

Reactions: ///M and Beany
What a fun little weapon that will be - wouldn't have minded one of those as my first car! At least you know your way around a French car for when those gremlins rear their ugly little heads.
Should get him booked onto an MSV novice track day with batches of sessions, I'm sure they'll do Snetterton. I know it has a couple of long straights, but where better to learn high and low speed cornering?

Good purchase mate!

You and your lad will have many miles and hours of fun in that I'm sure. What a MEGA father and son activity too. Will be worth every single penny I'm sure!