Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Is this car somebody's from the forum? I'm keen to lower mine but want to know the practicalities of the side skirts which I have and being lowered.

It was I beleive , I can't remember his name. But this car is currently for sale on auto trader lol

The very helpful Denise at R-Sport have supplied me with a new bottom ball joint (genuine part) for £62 delivered.

Will DEFFO use again.......

The trying to do a bit on the car most days continues........

Fitted a new OEM stubby rubber aerial that arrived today, and also had a go at a couple of stone chips. Luckily not in easily visible places, or in the middle of big panels - so didnt test my paint skills too much.

IMG_4304_zpsygoieody.jpg

Bought :smiley: had some paypal balance haha

Actually, not sure if that's right - just checked the compatibility.... This item does not fit Renault Clio 2008 MK III [2005-2015] Hatchback 197.

@sevenfourate that defo the right one?

Its pictured on my car, and i've just fitted it myself !!

Its pictured on my car, and i've just fitted it myself !!

That's alright then :smile: I assumed it was right just wanted to double check. I'm sure majority of aerial fittings are the same, just got nervous when it said it didn't fit haha :smile: should be here by Saturday hopefully if they get it dispatched tomorrow :smile:

Just looked - Don't fit my 200 either :d:d:d:d:d

Some aerials are 6mm thread. This one is 5mm.....ours are 5mm. Your fine.......

Aerial delivered and fitted yesterday, nice easy 10 second job haha, maybe less :smile: Looks great, fitted perfectly. Radio working just as it was before :smile:

2ihky2d.jpg

5odqpg.jpg

Car went in for suspension "knock" and slight exhaust blow investigation today !

Seems 'knock' wasnt lower-ball joint, but was a drop-link failing. Luckily i'd already bought a pair of heavy duty items last week as i thought i might aswell fit a pair while car was in bits. That proved to be wise !

Garage told me they would also do the lower drop-links (Anti rotation links) as they are always under tension and so are quite hard to test for movement. Im working on buying some as we speak......

Exhaust isnt manifold as such, but appears to be flexi joints. Its coming off next week to see whats-what.

Generally good news i think......:smile:

Flexis joints are in the manifold and require the manifold to come out to inspect them. Unfortunately not a cheap labour job as he sub frame has to be dropped. Lots of thread on this I'm afraid to report! :worried:

Aerial delivered and fitted yesterday, nice easy 10 second job haha, maybe less :smile: Looks great, fitted perfectly. Radio working just as it was before :smile:

2ihky2d.jpg

Aerial might have to go. Driving south down the M5 during the week, was struggling to get Radio signal! It's the first time since owning the Clio I've ever had the Radio not work properly. I've kept the original so going to leave the stubby on for a bit longer, but its looking likely it'll have to go :worried:

Aerial might have to go. Driving south down the M5 during the week, was struggling to get Radio signal! It's the first time since owning the Clio I've ever had the Radio not work properly. I've kept the original so going to leave the stubby on for a bit longer, but its looking likely it'll have to go :worried:

Sometimes it not perfect. Local stations i pick up no problem.....some National i get a weak signal with at times. But not horrific.

I've had this with almost all 'stubbies'. And to be fair the Renault signal with one is better than most.

When your mostly listening to CD like me: it's not really an issue.

Flexis joints are in the manifold and require the manifold to come out to inspect them. Unfortunately not a cheap labour job as he sub frame has to be dropped. Lots of thread on this I'm afraid to report! :worried:

I was under the car with my mechanic this time Chris - so i saw and heard it where it was leaking for myself. When people talked of "cracked manifolds" i presume they meant right by the block. I did say "not manifold as such" above :smile:

However good news is my mechanic was totally unfazed by removing manifold / fitting new flexi's [Which i'll weld in myself]. Done a few he said and really no big issue to him.

So i've fitted new heavy duty upper drop-links this week, have new genuine Renault lower Anti rotation links coming along with new Bosal flexi's, a manifold gasket and new exhaust clamp.

****I guess looking back / reading all the things to look out for: A brake service, new flexi's and some suspension knocking was to be expected, and part of 197 / 200 ownership !!

By Friday i'll be fully in business i hope; and ready to get on with some modifications........