Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

As sure as the sun came up in the sky this morning; today is another opportunity to swap what used to be a healthy bank account for some Renault parts / receipts :001_rolleyes:

Today's incoming parcel was some genuine Renault anti-torsion links, along with a gasket for Thursdays manifold / exhaust flexi renewal...........

IMG_4376_zpsinkxbx6t.jpg

I'd forgotten what Renault ownership was all about........

Last edited:
love your enthusiasm mate..that comment under your picture is spot on..:thumbup:

how much were the links pls??

love your enthusiasm mate..that comment under your picture is spot on..:thumbup:

how much were the links pls??

Heavy duty upper drop links were only £30 with a 4 year warranty. Garage suggested i do the lower anti-torsion links too - as its about the only part constantly under tension - so they couldn't really "test" for play as such, and nothing else wheel/hub/suspension-wise showed any movement what-so-ever.

Got these from Fish Brothers Renault and they were £48 a side with new nuts. Hopefully thats suspension DONE !!!

Then manifold flexi's Thursday / Friday, and i'm having it machine polished Sat; and Sunday if needed.

thanks..will look into that..the car is going for its MOT at the end of this month so will have it checked..

looks like you dont mess about,do you..get it done,get it on the track..

thanks..will look into that..the car is going for its MOT at the end of this month so will have it checked..

looks like you dont mess about,do you..get it done,get it on the track..

Ha-ha. You've noticed. I'm full-on in everything i do.

I have two modes generally. Flat-out, into it, doing it.........and asleep !

Thursday. And another day of Clio ownership.............:001_rolleyes:

Off came this:

IMG_4404_zpsni2gnhic.jpg

Because these were leaking:

IMG_4405_zpsitvsgvug.jpg

IMG_4408_zpss2ub9pqf.jpg

And because i love spunking money into the wind on French cars i had a set of these (BOSAL) "in stock" :smiley:

IMG_4406_zpsupueah7y.jpg

Along with a set of these - "justin case":

IMG_4403_zpstnjdgowc.jpg
[IMG_4402_zpsveqp42sr.jpg

So one set was duly welded on and hopefully the car is being re-assembled as we speak.

Hopefully some of the typical Clio niggles: [brakes, exhaust and suspension joints] have now been eradicated for the meantime.......................:wink:

Last edited:
The original flexi's actually look in surprisingly good condition.... just a bit less shiney haha

To be fair none of us could see any potential leaks !!! But you could damn well hear it........

So welded new ones in, and welded around Lamda sleeve too. Presume it was induction welded originally, or welded around the inside as no weld was visible from the outside.

Anyway: Hope i've covered all bases........

Did you check the rest of the system? My 197 had a couple of leaks from the centre silencer. Usually you get carbon buildup from a leak and them oem flexis looks like new

Did you check the rest of the system? My 197 had a couple of leaks from the centre silencer. Usually you get carbon buildup from a leak and them oem flexis looks like new

When we had car on ramps - it was leaking from flexi / lamda area. We had a bit of curved coolant pipe up there and listened for; and my mechanic said he could feel the leak from that area. Rest of the system looked fine.

Fingers crossed !

Brake service / strip and lube........done.
New rubber. all around......check
Worn suspension parts.......renewed.
Leaky manifold flexi's.......sorted

Got to say - its now driving superb. After the exhaust today it not only sounds better - but to me is pulling harder too. And long may it continue.

My garage unbolted suspension, steering etc, removed manifold. I then cut out old flexi's, ground and prepped the exhaust and then welded new ones back in. They re-fitted the system, and then crafted my car back together. I know its a hell of alot of work and hours........

So what would you expect / whats normal to pay for this ???

So i may have exhaust issues, but the weekend isnt a total write-off Clio-wise; as i had it booked in for a machine-polish today. No detailing. No farting around the edges.....i just told him to "work on the blue bits" only :lol:

Dropped it off @ 7.30 this am, just picked it up at 6pm..........and the detailer reckoned he stopped once for a bacon roll ! Reckons it must have had some sort of nano-sealant on it previously as it was the hardest finish he'd ever encountered in his life ! He had to compound it twice, then polished it, then has re-applied a base sealant and then waxed by hand.

Pics to follow tomorrow......

^^^^

Products used were:

Chemical Guys V34 compound.
Glare+ Pro Polish.

Chemical Guys Blacklight Hybrid Sealant.
Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

full detail here in Manchester too..just a hand one...bloody hand is knackered...looking forward to your pictures..

[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] - What products did you use? I have an absolute arsenal of products but you can never have too many and wonder if there are any recommendations for this colour? Oh...and...pictures or it didn't happen! :wink: