Silverstone Edition 200 - AST 5100

Yeah really really great Clio, some really nice mods done and not doing it on the cheap too! I really need to go on a road trip to the alps or something!
I'm up for an Alps trip sometime! Probably next year now though.

Reactions: James17
Lovely car Jack. Nice to have no. 1 too! Looks like you've gone back to PS4 tyres. Did you not like the PS Cup 2? I'm going to be needing new tyres later in the year & was considering either of these, or possibly PS 4 for road & a set of PS Cup 2 for track days.

I'm still on the Cup 2s. Only had them for a month so I've only put about 1000 miles on them. They are noticeably better than the PS 4 in the dry but PS4 are definitely better in the wet by a long way. About to go on a road trip round Europe and up in the alps so we will see how they perform in the cold.

What a cracking looking car and the spec..grats to your purchase..
Glad it was just the battery cover that decided to have a wonder....

Just back from my roadtrip round Europe. 3200 miles of driving over ten days and nine countries. Car did fine apart from no A/C in 40 degree heat whilst in the south of France!

Did a couple laps of the ring too but on my second lap it seems EBC yellow stuff pads cant handle it and got way too hot. Uploading a couple vids to Youtube which I will post when they are up

1_zpsg73v3uf0.jpg

1.2_zpsrqf7zo3y.jpg

3_zpsijnyrr9u.jpg

19_zpsjvhlwx4x.jpg

18_zpsvczd8peb.jpg

6_zpsjz0awuy8.jpg

7_zpskhoo8lwv.jpg

8_zpsj2yl2qs0.jpg

5_zps2sckvxur.jpg

4_zpsmoggna8t.jpg

9_zpsxerijzb8.jpg

10_zpspuadsl3y.jpg

11_zpsmf7j8jxn.jpg

16_zpssgaq8vfw.jpg

15_zpscmeddarv.jpg

14_zpswxrpb2xx.jpg

12_zpsy8t6jzmh.jpg

13_zps274ahirm.jpg

Looks like you had a cracking trip [emoji41]

When you get time could you post the route you took [emoji106]

cracking pics and great video..did you go on your own??which countries did you visit??

Here's a video from the Gorges De Daluis

Oh My Goodness! I LOVE this video! Never heard of this gorge but it is now on my bucket list of drives. Reminds me very much of a motorcycle trip I took years ago (1980!) through the eastern part of what was then Yugoslavia, heading to Sofia in Bulgaria. One minute bright sunlight, the next unlit tunnels blasted through rock. Really hard to see where the road was going. Also where are the roads in your pictures? One could be the Stelvio pass, but I could be wrong. Please do post your route as I am itching to do a European Pass trip!

Oh My Goodness! I LOVE this video! Never heard of this gorge but it is now on my bucket list of drives. Reminds me very much of a motorcycle trip I took years ago (1980!) through the eastern part of what was then Yugoslavia, heading to Sofia in Bulgaria. One minute bright sunlight, the next unlit tunnels blasted through rock. Really hard to see where the road was going. Also where are the roads in your pictures? One could be the Stelvio pass, but I could be wrong. Please do post your route as I am itching to do a European Pass trip!

The first few are going to Tignes from the south, on that day we set off from Cannes and headed up onto the Route Napoleon but turned off it part of the way up to head over towards the Gorges De Daluis. The others are Stevlio the Gorge De Daluis.

Reactions: sevenfourate
cracking pics and great video..did you go on your own??which countries did you visit??

I went with a friend who was in the car with me. We set off from NE Scotland and stopped off at Folkestone, Nurburgring, Stuttgart, St Anton (Austria), Lake Como via Stelvio/Umbrail Pass, down to Monaco and Cannes, Tignes, Nurburgring again, Amsterdam then got the Ferry to Newcastle and home.

So went through UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Monaco and also Nethertlands

Reactions: sevenfourate
Haven't done an update in some time.

Not too many changes. Fitted powerflex upper torque arm and lower engine mount inserts.

Had a knocking in the front nearside for as long as I can remember so I changed out the anti rotation links and found that the nearside one was bent and had a lot of play in one of the joints. Problem now fixed :thumb:
IMG_0045.JPG

The radiator support bracket has also started rusting to pieces, need to get it removed and powder coated at some point but just cleaned it up and waxoyl for now.IMG_8315.JPG
IMG_7918.JPG

Drive belt also changed out and some new DS2500s fitted.

Lovely car,

There was a post on Facebook about getting the support replaced under warranty as they have 11 years anti corrosion warranty. Need full service history though.

Lovely car,

There was a post on Facebook about getting the support replaced under warranty as they have 11 years anti corrosion warranty. Need full service history though.
Is that a full Renault dealer service history required?, because if so I'm stuffed

Reactions: Mark_L